“Mediocre”

Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I remember this place from before they built the new building, and it had a good reputation for burger back then. I also remember going there back then and not liking it too much. Well, I was in town and thought I would try it again, given its popularity. I had a burger, fries and a beer. I am sad to report that their meat supplier seems to be the same. I don't know why it is so hard to make a good burger. Very few restaurants do. The meat was Wendy's grade. The fries were not hot and not too crisp. The beer, however, was good. They have gotten on the craft beer bandwagon, and that is a good thing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A fun and unique place to go in Downtown Plymouth, the Box Bar is a very relaxed atmosphere restaurant with projection TV screens. The Box Bar has a very large selection of beers and above average bar food fare including a few menu items that are great and all are very reasonably priced. I've been there many, many times and I can count on one hand the number of times that the service wasn't great which sadly I can't say for any of the other restaurants in Downtown Plymouth. There are a few items they do extremely well and a few items that could use improvement. I can enthusiastically recommend any of their grilled chicken items, the burgers, and pretty much any sandwich platter. Some of the side items are obviously cafeteria food that should be donated to a retirement village. Great bar selection and the soft drinks are served in individual pitchers.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Their draft mugs come cold as can be which is a plus when sitting outside on the patio. Nice view of the park across the street. I had the Texas brisket sandwich which was very good. Seasoned well and decent BBQ sauce. Our waitress was really good so I don't know what could have been better....maybe a little lower price as it wasn't outstanding but overall very good place. I would say perfect for lunch spot but not sure dinner would be the best pick given the other choices around the area.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The selection is great! Although the list is not that well chosen. The staff would appear not to care, and the draft selection leaves a bit to be desired. The decor is getting really old and worn.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you like your beer - this is the place! Great array of beers from all over the world to sample. Excellent, knowledgable staff and nice atmosphere. Can't speak for the food as we ate elsewhere but if you like your calories in liquid format, then this is the place!