“Excellent choice!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Whether you're staying one night or ten like we did, this is an excellent overall choice. We can't say enough about the staff. They were all very friendly, attentive, and ready to serve. Rooms are spacious, up to date, and clean. The jacuzzi tub is huge and a nice perk, especially when it's freezing outside. We used to always stay at the Adoba or at The Henry, but this is a better alternative and we will return, mostly because of the staff. The restaurant's dinner is also better.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank sweet_tea_32168
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review of your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Reviews like these mean a lot to us, so thank you so much for the kind words.

Were so happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool area as well as our restaurant. Our employees are always working to make our hotel a warm and inviting place to stay, were happy we suceeded in this for you!

Again, thank you for your review and please know that your business is incredibly important to us and we look forward to hosting you here again in the future!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn was amazing! All of the staff is extremely friendly, Alan at the front desk was helpful and patient with me and my kids. The kids had a blast in the pool and it was sooo warm (which was perfect while it was -11 outside). The rooms were spacious and had everything I needed. I can't wait to plan another visit here!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kristin T
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Kristin,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in Plymouth. Having a night out and enjoying the pool is a great way to beat the winter blues, were glad that you chose us for your stay. We hope to see you again very soon, thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff (from check in to checkout) at this Hotel go out of their way every time I have been there to make each stay enjoyable. The food is always good and make sure you try their homemade brownie dessert.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank David L
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth. I am so happy to hear that our staff makes you feel welcome and special each time you stay with us. Receiving feedback like this truly helps our staff to continue with their task of providing exceptional guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family stayed at Plymouth Garden Inn for New Year's Eve. Our stay was very pleasant. We played cards with our granddaughter in the Lobby. The Lobby is very warm and home like. We played at a table by the fireplace. Coffee, water and cookies were available for our consumption. Our granddaughter was very happy. The pool was a big hit and fun was had by all. Our rooms were awesome and very comfortable. We will be staying at this hotel again. It was a wonderful treat for all to stay at this hotel for New Year's Eve. We live 10 minutes from the hotel but it was worth the cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Deborah A
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so glad to hear that your expectations were met by our staff. New Years Eve is a great time to come to the hotel and enjoy everything we have to offer. We are so happy you decided to stay with us, even though you live so close by. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth we wish you a happy new year and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Extremely disappointed. We stayed at this property for three nights in January. The room was lovely and comfortable. However, the service the last night of our stay was truly upsetting and non-existent. We got stuck in a huge snow drift at the entrance to the hotel. Someone stopped to help us and still we could not get our car out. It took us about 1/2 hour to get the car out---we tried to call the hotel but they were extremely unhelpful. When we told them of our issue upon entering the hotel, the person at the desk said "we aren't responsible for that entrance" She did not start with "how can i help you" or "I am so sorry" or "I will see what i can do" or "I will contact my manager". She was unwilling to contact her manager about the issue, unwilling to call their plow from the parking lot to open up the entrance, unwilling to ask city plows to get to the entrance. Then when we returned to our room, the heat had been turned off by the maid during the day and it was extremely cold. I mean that temperatures were dropping into below 0 that night and they had turned off the heat in our room. The person at the desk was once again quite rude and unconcerned about the situation. Whether or not the entrance from the main road into their parking lot was their responsibility or not, this was a terrible example of customer service the personnel need some serious training in how to make guests feel welcome, safe and important!
We have family that live in the area and were planning to use this hotel as our regular place to stay when we visit them, under the circumstances, I can't recommend that anyone stay in hotel that is unconcerned about the basic safety of their guests. There are other options in the area....some that were less expensive. I would have expected better treatment from a Hilton property. What a shame.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

No pub - as advertised. No restaurant - as advertised. No hot tub - as advertised. Staff did not know veery much about any festivities or other information about the Winter Classic. Not one of my most memorable trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Contrary to the other reviews here, we found the Hilton Garden Inn at the Sheldon Road exit, Plymouth, MI to be in disrepair. We have stayed there at previous holidays and found it to be in better shape in previous years. The main problem was the pool room. It was freezing. Both the water in the pool and the exterior air temp were uncomfortable. When we asked to have it warmed up so that we could enjoy it, they said that it was up as far as it could go. Eventually the water temp in the pool rose a little. However, I was wrapped in towels from head to toe and finally had to leave and go into the lobby to warm up. Christmas Eve pool time with my nephew is a tradition and we could not enjoy it.

The room was large but the carpeting looked dingy. The cabinet where the fridge and microwave were was unsteady. The fridge was on such an angle that the contents would spill out whenever you opened the door. The room was supposed to be handicap accessible; however, it had a tub that would have made it difficult for a handicapped person to access. It looked as if they had just added hand rails to a regular bath. The sink was too high for someone in a wheelchair. There was no bath chair so that a handicapped person could sit in the tub.

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions before you book a room. Make sure that the facilities are working properly...