“Love this place”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We come here for breakfast several times month and think it's great.

Positives:
Quaint, easy-going place
Friendly service
Great tasting food (not a super healthy option though)

Negatives:
Coffee is just ok flavor but I'm a Starbucks addict
The friendly service is a little slow sometimes.

2  Thank Hoosier_Packer

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Don't wait for dinner cause they won't be open. Went to Olde Town Plymouth with the family for brunch and it was great. We had a mix of omelets and sandwiches all of us were extremely pleased. Absolutely would visit there again.

1  Thank Janice R
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you want to feel like your down on the farm and eating with all the farmhands this is the place, and they have really good breakfast

1  Thank Mich E
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been to Crawford's many times over the years and particularly enjoy two things: the excellent food for a decent price, and eating out on the front patio. However, this restaurant has always had some very basic problems, but the good food at a decent price has always overpowered that and we go anyways, though not during the cold months when the air circulation is awful. Today, I was blown away with the number of glaring problems this place has at this point. First off, they increased their prices to a level that is not even close to comensurate with the restaurant environment. For a modest breakfast for three, in what amounts to a tiny hole-in-the-wall greasy spoon, we paid $33 today. This is significantly more than what we pay at any of the numerous nearby, newer, delicious, clean, spacious coney island restaurants. Crawford's skillets are now $8.50, and that is about a 15% increase [if I'm remember the old prices correctly]. If this place had a nice atmosphere, I would not even think of balking at this increase. However, this place has many issues and always has, though today it was worse. The doors are constantly opening, so there are flies inside. The indoor seating is terribly cramped, and one has to go through the kitchen to access the single unisex bathroom. The outdoor patio only has umbrellas on maybe half of the tables so many are in the sun, the trees planted in containers are dying and overflowing with weeds, they unapologetically refuse to seat a family of 3 at one of the larger tables outside [there were two open!], even with a line of people with parties of 2 behind us, because they can only seat 4 at those tables per management policy. I asked to speak to a manager after being seated indoors, and there was not even a manager onsite. To access the single, unisex bathroom, you have to walk THROUGH the kitchen, and today, the kitchen was FILTHY dirty. Standing water on the floors, bits of food, just gross. The bathroom itself has a toilet that does not flush properly and does not feel particularly clean, though it is smack dab right in the kitchen. Then my 14-yr-old daughter ordered the Veggie Hash [my favorite], but specifically asked for no red/green peppers since she does not like them: a reasonable request. Out comes the waitress with our orders, she sets the skillet down in front of my daughter WITH the peppers in it, and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, the chef says they can't make the skillet without the peppers." Really? How about you come and tell us this BEFORE the skillet came so she could decide if she would want to order something else? My daughter, being not particularly assertive at the tender age of 14, says, "Oh no, it's fine, don't worry." And then she barely ate any of her overpriced skillet, and the the waitress still charged us full price. The service was slow; I had to go wait up at the register to get my bill, though I had asked for it 5 or so minutes before. I really could go on, but I will not. Health department, I doubt you read people's reviews, but it is time to take a look at the bathroom situation in this restaurant, and at the cleanliness of the kitchen - be sure to come on a Sunday morning when they are super busy after church. Management/owners, your price increase was an incredibly poor choice for your small restaurant. I am sorry if all of this seems harsh, but it is the truth and I do hope you will consider making some changes.

8  Thank MichiganMelissa04
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is such a tiny restaurant, but we love the breakfast food here. My favorite is the Veggie Hash, complete with fresh vegetables such as broccoli, peppers, etc. Don't forget to ask for light cheese on top! The coffee here is excellent, as are the nice thick pieces of toast. We enjoy the outdoor seating, though we look forward to the day when the trees provide more shade. There are umbrellas but not on every table. Note that, in the winter, this is not an ideal place to eat. When the door opens, it just about sucks the warmth right out of the place. Also, in the winter, we find that the restaurant is not well-ventilated. Nonetheless, this is one of our favorite places to eat in fair weather.