“Very impressive, first class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at St. John's

Inn at St. John's
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Marietta, Georgia
“Very impressive, first class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I attended a three day conference at the Inn and everything was perfect. The bed was perfect, the bathroom had everything you would need (hairdryer, coffee maker, plush towels, even a phone). The high ceilings were impressive, the fridge and microphone were well located, it had the biggest TV I've seen in a room. Two tables were available for working and/or reading or relaxing. A rack to put the luggage on was in the closet with a feature I love - the light comes on as soon as you open the door. I made good use of the iron and ironing board.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The gardens are worth taking 30 minutes to wander through to enjoy God's creation. All the food served as part of the conference was top notch as were the continental breakfast and snacks.

You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Tympani,

What a wonderful way to start off our week. Your comments about your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's could not have been nicer or more welcome. On behalf of the staff I want to thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts. I also want to thank you for your business.

I will be sure to share your review with our staff. I know it will put a big smile on their faces as it did mine!

We cannot wait for your return visit....which, I hope, will be soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
oceanport nj, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lovely room with king size bed and good amenities. The attraction here is the property---golf course, chapel, meeting rooms, gardens are all just lovely. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Not sure what to say about the pool area---it is unique, but lacks functionality. Nice place to stay near Ann Arbor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Susan N.,

On behalf of the staff at The Inn at St. John's I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind comments. "Unique" is a perfect why to describe this AAA Four-Diamond property. The design is unlike any hotel, conference center and golf course property in the Mid-West.

We are also appreciative of your lovely comments concerning the friendliness of the staff. We are proud of their efforts to provide exceptional guest service and thankful that it does not go unnoticed.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Was in town for a wine show inside this beautiful facility. Very well kept. Modern amenities blended well with a historical look and feel. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Very friendly staff. Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jermaine S
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Jermaine S.

Thank you so much for penning this wonderful review. Having met you in person during your stay, I know you know how important this is to our staff to receive such feedback and how much it is appreciated.

The wine show in our wonderful restaurant, 5ive, was a huge success by all measures. We enjoy hosting these types of events on a regular basis and will continue to do so. Friend us on our Facebook page so you may keep up with our future events and promotions.

We also are grateful for your kind comments concerning your stay. We truly hope you will return in the near future.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is awesome.. We stayed for our 7 year anniversary in the Executive Suite and it was beautiful…. The location is simply marvelous, chapel, restaurant, and beautiful grounds. The staff was so friendly and helpful they really made us feel at home. Not to mention the bed was so comfortable that we had a good night sleep. This is the best place for romance and R & R.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela S
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Angela S.

Congratulations on celebrating your 7th anniversary! We are so glad that we could be a part of that wonderful occasion. It is such a pleasure to host lovely guests like your husband and you for special events.

While I hope you don't wait for your 8th anniversary to return, I do hope that you will make it a habit to stay with us on all your coming anniversaries.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for our nephews wedding and it is beautiful. We had a king room and it was comfortable and clean. We checked in after midnight and the front desk gentleman was very stoic and could of been a little more friendly. Our room was made up early each day which was appreciated. The venue for a wedding was spectacular and the grounds are beautiful. Had breakfast in the restaurant and it was delicious. Had a quick snack and a few drinks between the wedding and reception and they were very good. The only disappointing thing was we were told the lounge would be open until 1:00 am and we all planned for a nightcap, but sadly they were closed.

Many of our family members stayed here for the wedding and a good time was had by all and no one had any complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Debra K
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Debra K.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's. The staff and I are so happy that you had a "great stay".

I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms as well as our Food & Beverage Director so that we can continue our efforts to improve our services.

I truly hope to see you as our guest in the near future.

Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I booked a single night for our anniversary and had a very nice stay. Our king room was very comfortable and the hotel itself was lovely. At first I was a bit concerned that our room was the first after the elevator, but there was never a noise issue and I later realized there is a gap between the first room and the elevator shaft. If I had to be really critical of the room, I'd say the third floor didn't have a great view as we largely saw the roof of the rest of the hotel. That's it. The room was just that nice.

We had ordered the "romance package", but there was a snafu and nothing had been done to set the room up. The gentleman who showed up to deliver our champagne appeared mortified that the mistake had happened. The front desk manager went above and beyond to make things right for us, turning a potentially sour experience into a delight of customer service.

The package also included a buffet breakfast, but the restaurant wasn't running the buffet that Sunday morning. That wasn't a problem, though, as they allowed us to simply order from the menu. I can't imagine the buffet would have been any better than what we received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmbibbs
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear cmbibbs,

First things first.....I would like to wish you a belated Happy Anniversary!

Second, thank you so much for your detailed review of The Inn at St. John's. I view it with mixed emotions! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you think so highly of The Inn. I am encouraged that your concerns were handled quickly, efficiently and to your satisfaction.

However, I am sorry that things did not go perfectly on this very special occasion. You are obviously a gracious person with a forgiving nature! For that, I am grateful!

I hope to see you on or before your next anniversary! Thanks again for the review...I promise we will do better the next time!

Sincerest regards,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I am a native Detroit girl and come often to visit family and friends. If The Inn at St John's is booked, I change my dates. Gorgeous grounds, top-notch staff, impeccably clean rooms, great beds and linens...quiet, but one minute from the freeway. Golf, nice bar and restaurant. Hard to believe all this for $149 per night! I won't stay anyplace else when I come home, but I admit, I'm a hotel snob, prima donna, diva!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christine S
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Christine S.,

What can I say but thank you so much for your wonderfully kind review of The Inn at St. John's. My staff and I are honored to cater to "hotel snobs, prima donnas and divas"!!! LOL

Seriously, we are truly pleased that you enjoy your visits with us in this wonderful area and we will continue to do what we can to make your trips home special.

Warmest regards,
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,055 reviews
The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel

Been to Inn at St. John's? Share your experiences!