“Fresh good food and great burner and service”

Compari's on the Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Compari's on the Park is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant located in beautiful downtown Plymouth,MI. We prepare our menu daily, using family recipes that have been passed down through the Comparis on the Park generations. Our famous brick oven pizza is made from scratch using only the highest quality ingredients and was voted "Top 25 Pizza's" in metro Detroit by the Detroit Free Press. Our casual ambiance is perfect for any occasion, from date night to family dinner. We offer a Wine Spectator Award winning variety of domestic and imported wines to complement all of our dishes, along with our full stocked bar featuring a wide selection of Michigan beers. Come see us today at Compari's on the Park, a place for food, fun and friends!
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located in downtown Plymouth and has patio seating, which I wouldn't recommend because its right on a busy street with a ton of people walking by and more than a Tom of cars passing.

Seating inside is delightful and cozy so I'd certainly recommend that. Besides which, the ambience is not bad.

I had read a few complaints about the service so was a bit apprehensive. But our server, Justin, was awesome. He knew the menu, he explained the dishes, made perfect recommendations, was very solicitous, even to the point of understanding that we wanted a quiet leisurely dinner and he perfectly timed each of our courses for just the right amount of pause between them to allow us to breathe between the courses and not feel like we had to wolf down our food - a feeling you most definitely get in other places.

The food itself was very fresh and very very tasty. Beautifully presented and a delight to savor. It was a lot though!!

Overall, a place I'm definitely adding to my list of visit again and again :-)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I don't know about you but, if I spend $!4 for a small-ish salad with four shrimp (overcooked) I would like my monies worth. Add a cheap glass of chardonney ($6), plus decent tip ($4) and then leaving like you have to stop at a fast food restaurant to not be hungry on the way home is not a good dining experience The staff looked like they would rather be anywhere else, It was loud and the tables were too close together for a nice chat. I had a reservation last Christmas (Dec. 19th) and they told me when I showed up they had an "unexpected party" and they couldn't accomodate my reservation. Didn't even say sorry. Thought I would give them a second chance and will not go there again. Too many great restaurants in Plymouth to waste an evening there.

1  Thank Deb R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I like Compari's and I wish I could give it a 5 rating but I can't...although the atmosphere and food is superior, the service is below average. Every time I go to Compari's, the one thing I wish was better was the service. Frankly, I prefer their carry-out because I don't have to put up with the bad service. If this was a one time opinion, I could attribute it to one bad server or one employee having an off-day, but the reality is that I have never had great service at Compari's. It's the one thing that keeps me from dining there more often. Regarding the food, there are certainly better restaurants in the area, but the food at Compari's is consistently above average and the prices are reasonable. I've certainly had better pizza elsewhere, but Compari's would definitely be in the top 10 for the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a great restaurant located adjacent to the Fiamma Grill. Compari's seems to be more casual and the prices were lower than Fiammas, but the food was top-notch. This place is much noisier than Fiamma Grill so I wouldn't recommend it for business meetings.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Why is the service horrible here and the food mediocre, but great at Fiamma's and Sardine Room. Same owners...I just don't get it.