“Liked in the past - but will not be back after this visit!”
Review of Cozy Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cozy Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have eaten here several times and have like it in the last for the home cooking. But during this visit had a bad enough experience to say we won't be going back. First they were out of half of the items we wanted that were on the menu. Then the quality of the food was very poor. My daughters spaghetti was still frozen in the middle meaning it was not cooked fresh and the quiche I ordered was obviously a cook from frozen self serving portion that was over cooked. Lastly our service was lacking and they were not busy at all. Overall a very disappointing experience!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I enjoyed alunch here last week with a couple friends . We were seated quickly and our server was Mary. She was very friendly and efficient. I ordered a Julienne salad with poppy seed dressing and though it wasn't the best I've ever had, it was good. The ham and turkey are shaved which doesn't do well in a salad. The dressing was very good. My friends had a Greek salad with. Chicken breast and a ham and cheese omelet. No complaints from either one. I loved the coffee.
I would like to return to try the quiche and the chicken pot pie which I hear is divine.
The atmosphere is cozy and homey.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The first thing we noticed was the way you are no longer greeted as if you were actually welcome. It was like going to a fast food joint staffed by people who didn't really want to be there. It looked the menu that had established CC had changed to what was easy and convenient for a cook, not a chef.
When a place changes hands is hard to keep live up to the excellent reputation Cozy Cafe earned. We kept going until the friendly, alway busy, always accommodating, former Cozy Cafe was simply unrecognizable, a distant memory. We finally stopped going now since CC isn't nothing like it used to be. The name is all that remains of one of the better restaurants in Plymouth. It really was special at one time in terms of food and service. The food is below average at best. Very disappointing and with much better places near by, it's easy to pass on this place.

1  Thank Don S
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been here a couple times because I really want to like this cute cottage type resturant but the food is just not good. I have been here for breakfast and lunch and the service has alwayd just been ok and the food raste like it comes from a can. My friend can. I really wish plymouth hada good breakfast place. I like Sardine room on Sunday but besides that we head to A2 or Royal Oak.

2  Thank staces_480
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Cozy Cafe lives up to its name. Lunch for a couple, or even a foursome is a comfortable experience here. The staff are eager to please and quite friendly. The food is prepared well and is very tasty. Don't come looking for french fries, but the soups and sandwiches are really good. This is also an excellent place to have a fantastic piece of pie or cake. We really like it here.