“Fun Place”

Ranked #5 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Plymouth
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a fun little place to go with the girls or for a shower. It is a bit pricey, but most tea rooms are and the food is really good. I have had both the tea packages that come wih a few courses as well as some of their regular lunches, with all of their food being good. It is a couple that owns this place and they really add to the character of the tea room. Everytime I gave been there they have moved around from table to table chatting with their guests.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Afton Tea Room

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had my bridal shower at Sweet Afton and it was wonderful! The owners were there to please and all of the pre-planning and day-of went fantastic! This tea room is so perfect for a girls day, shower, or just for lunch. The staff were extremely accommodating and all of our guests loved it!

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The afternoon tea at the Sweet Afton Tea room is very good. Starts off with a couple of pieces of quiche, which were light, fluffy and very tasty, followed by delicious finger sandwiches, which come in a variety of choices. We had the chicken salad and the roast beef. Next up are two home made scones, fresh from the oven, with lemon and cream. Scrumptious! Last up are a couple of tarts, also with numerous selections. We had a nice herbal tea, but they have a large tea selection, made just right. Would definitely recommend this place. The menu also had a lot of other soups and sandwiches, which we didn't try, but looked good as they were carried by to other tables.

2  Thank rmeade88
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped in on a whim during a wedding stay at St. John's. The place was packed! I had the High Tea which was an enormous amount of food (sandwiches followed by scones followed by tarts) and it was all outstanding. Very close to London standards. I ate every bite. Really a delightful little spot in downtown Plymouth.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

You always know you made the right choice when you hear the staff greeting regulars. My friend and I were overwhelmed by the choices on the menu so we turned to a couple of regulars and they shared their favorite dishes. We each received our own teapot with enough tea to last a couple of hours. We didn't order high tea but chose individual items. The quiche was excellent as was the soup which changes. I have been to places with a larger selection of teas but you can easily find one that pleases. I have already verbally suggested Sweet Afton to others