“Each time I go I grow further disillusioned.”

The Courthouse Grille Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Courthouse Grille Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 146 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been here many many times over the years and the service and business policies continue to be increasingly questionable since changing names from Ernesto's. We went during the week for dinner and the restaurant not terribly busy. The service was TERRIBLE! We waited FOREVER every step of the way. We ended up being there almost two hours on a slow night. An hour of that was after the entrees were served!
I am a steak guy so I almost ALWAYS order among the better cuts and don't mind paying for good food! This most recent visit, I was even disappointed in the steak!
This last time was the FIRST time I had gone with a coupon (4 dinners & 4 alcoholic beverages for a decent deal). Maybe they treat people with coupons differently? We were told at the onset they would allow us to forego the alcoholic drinks (I had my 2 teen children with me) and allow desserts instead (all four of us had water). At the end of the meal, not only were we charged for the desserts with a HORRIBLE excuse why they couldn't honor the original understanding. THEN we were forced a 20% tip on our group of 4. I ALWAYS tip well (on the full price) by starting with 20% and rounding UP from there. This time the service was SO bad I was actually considering a lesser tip. But I didn't even have that option. There was NOTHING on the coupon about including the tip. Our bill ended up $84 for 4 deserts and 4 soups (Everything else was covered in the coupon that cost $65).
In fairness, the food still remains the bright spot here in an otherwise declining business. The French onion soup and dessert tray still can't be missed.

1  Thank GeoCol
There are newer reviews for The Courthouse Grille Restaurant

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I joined another couple last weekend for a nice dinner at The Courthouse Grille.
First off the porch and ramp at their entrance is all patched and crumbling. Poor first impression for new visitors. Inside is cozy though they did a poor job of trying to update. I do love the crisp white table linens.
Our server was Kyla, a bright, cheerful young gal, who was also very professional. We started off with the calamari and it is delicious. Very tender and in a mild light sauce with peppers. My husband had the seafood chowder/gumbo saying it was very very good, our male friend had the onion soup and enjoyed it as well. Our female friend and myself had the dinner salads with ranch dressing. Only so-so not much flavor in the dressing. Our main courses the prime rib for the men and were reported to be "lousy....tasteless and rubbery". My grilled salmon was overcooked and dry and my female companion had the pecan crusted walleye and took two bites only. It was dried out and looked like a few wood chips on her plate. We were told the head chef was off that night for a family event, maybe that should have been a warning. Even dessert was crappy. Red velvet cheesecake and a triple fudge cake. These were grabbed right from the fridge and served ice cold. Not good!
This is our second poor experience here. Everybody deserves another chance.....we won 't return.
Too bad because the prices are decent .

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant is build on a hill in Plymouth, Michigan over 80 years ago and was named Hillside inn. It was a country type restaurant with large fire place and great atmosphere that spicialized in wild game steaks back in the day.
The new owners now call the restaurant the Courthouse because the city built a new courthouse right next to the restaurant.
Very complete menue and very good foof.

1  Thank Ron N
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Had Easter dinner with my family. Lisa our server tried to make up for the refrigerator cold prime rib I was served by replacing it with a hot but overcooked fish.

Also my wife ordered the fish broiled wo breading but it arrivesd with bread coating! Not acceptable since she cannot have gluten products. Other two dishes were just OK.

The chef needs to be replaced with someone who knows something about cooking!

Nice atmosphere but they will need to make significant changes to be successful and a place I would return.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This restaurant provided a high quality experience at moderate prices. I remember this location being Ernesto's many years ago and haven't been there for probably 15 years or more. The menu is extensive and I chose chicken parmigiana along with side salad. The dinner rolls they served were huge, savory and very tasty. Our party of 6 people enjoyed steaks, chicken and pasta dishes including a nice offering of lobster Mac 'n Cheese. The food was excellent and the service and venue were good. The restaurant is a bit dated, but truthfully, it added to the charm.

1  Thank T W