“Good food right next to the tracks”
Review of Station 885

Station 885
Ranked #33 of 146 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This restaurant is located in downtown Plymouth at the site of a old railroad station. It sits within feet of active freight and passenger train tracks. Atmosphere is as expected......a railroad motif. The menu is varied with lots of choices including pizza's and other Italian food. A good selection of seafood is available. The food was prepared well, served timely and hot and quite good. Beer and wine selections are varied along with your favorite mixed drinks. The service was prompt and friendly without being overbearing. Prices are moderate and a good value for the dollar. We would definitely go here again when in the area.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We enjoyed our visit. They have a nice selection on the menu. I noticed that lots of people were having dessert. Next time I'll save room for dessert. The train went by as we were eating.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I went here to meet our friends - this location was halfway between us. Our friends had a Groupon. This was a Sunday brunch buffet, with made-to-order omelets, prime rib, dessert bar, and fruit bar. The variety was pretty nice - not overwhelming, but lots of choices. I had an omelet that was very good. I loved the fresh fruit. There was even a chocolate fondue 'fountain'. We stayed a good few hours visiting. It was an enjoyable meal with good service.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Let me start out with I am a server and I have to say our server was right on and kept us happy. But everything else was okay to blah. Food was good for a family diner type restaurant. Nothing popped, we had a groupon for $40 and for two adults, two kids, one beer and two kids pops $80 no apps or desert. For the quality of the food and the atmosphere is was a $40 meal. I ordered my favorite dish chicken picatta left half, chicken was tough, over lemony and no flavor really. I have never had chicken picatta with no capers, it had no nothing.... My daughters alfredo for $14.99 was small, seriously small, she had it done in two minutes.
All together it was an okay meal, nothing went back but neither will we. This is the kind of place my father in law would like. We waited just under an hour for our meals to come and by that time it was just, to long and the kids wanted to go home by then. This is the first restaurant that I have gone to with a groupon that I was not pleased. We love to go different places with our kids and show then different foods even they didn't want to go back.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had lunch here recently...omelet was overcooked and dry. My friend's soup and salad were decent. Service was odd. Our waitress kept talking about her 4 year old and her 16 year old. She interrupted our lunch several times with inane chatter. She was friendly but it was TOO friendly and awkward. Better training of servers is needed.

Been to Station 885? Share your experiences!