“Food is average, service was painfully bad!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Station 885
Ranked #18 of 146 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Dundee, Illinois
“Food is average, service was painfully bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Took 10 minutes for our waiter to take our order. Took another 15 to bring drinks, which I had to remind him about, he was bringing our soup and I had to ask for our drinks to be brought to the table. When the drinks came, mine was not what I asked for and then a couple minutes later he brought the right one. This place was very busy in the bar area but the restaurant was only semi busy, no excuse for this service. We needed refills and we had empty soup bowls for another 15 minutes, he brought he dinners and was going to leave the table, I stopped him and made him take the empty bowls, the menus which were still laying around and bring refills. I had noticed that everyone who had the waitress in the room had a basket on their table and we didn't, I asked if we were supposed to get bread, he said yes and I asked him to bring it, he actually brought some pretty quick, only about a minute later, yay! I wrote most of what he did wrong on the receipt and left no tip, the first time I have ever had to do that in my life! The lasagna and chicken Parmesan were just ok, the French onion soup and the bread were great. The kids ham and cheese was just ham and cheese on bread, no mayo. The apples and caramel were good. Would I eat here again? No, the food isn't worth coming back for even if the service had been better. The train coming by and the train decor was enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Brighton, Michigan
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got a great deal on a Groupon so tried this place out. Most servers were very attentive, ours not so much. Husband had a pasta dish, I had the stacked Perch on garlic potatoes. It was good but not quite the aha I'd hoped for. I hear they have a great brunch and are also running a special on prime rib. Might be worth another try in the future. Located in a really cute area of Plymouth I'd not been in before. Some cute looking pubs just down the block. There was a pub crawl going on that looked very popular.

Livonia, Michigan
“Quality has dropped considerably”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I have been occasional diners here since the early 1990's. Went there for our anniversary. Restaurant was crowded as there was a Prime Rib special for $8.85 going on. Our server told us that bottles of wine were 1/2 price. We advised that we had a coupon for our anniversary that the restaurant had emailed us and could we use it along with the 1/2 price wine special. Server checked with management and stated we could use one or the other. We chose the wine special as it was the better bargain (coupon was for only 20% off our dinners).

One kid had NY Strip for $22.99. It was kind of tough and fatty and not worth the price you can get filet mignon for at other area restaurants. I had crab cakes. I have ordered these at numerous restaurants. You can tell the quality ones as they may be not perfectly round, you might find a small shell, etc., but you can tell they were hand made and even have crab in them.. Mine were perfectly formed and resembled a hockey puck ijn shape. There were two of them, small, and it was hard to find any crab as they were all breading. I thought I found a piece of crab, but alas, it was a piece of onion. They looked and tasted like prepared food you would get off the truck that delivers prepackaged food to your house. I have had better rice pilaf out of a box of Rice a Roni. My wife's shirmp scampi was some shrimp over linguine that she said was okay but nothing special (more lemon taste than garlic). The other kid's lasagna was okay but she has had better at other restaurants for a lower price.

When the bill came, I checked it and found that we did not recieve the wine special ($14 discount) but the 20 % discount that would have equated to about $4.00. They did correct it after I pointed it out.

I don't write this review with happiness. Our family always enjoyed going there in the past, when the kids were younger they loved the trains (we used to call it the train restaurant) and they would ask to go there on their birthdays. We had heard from other family members who were long time customers that the quality was declining. We experienced it ourselves. We will use our dinner budget at other restaurants in the area that provide quality food consistently. I used to reccomend this restaurant but I can't anymore.

Jackson, Michigan
“Nice Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a nice brunch and visit with our daughter from NC. We ate on the patio and were lucky enough for a table with an umbrella - not all had them. There was plenty of food to choose from: shimp, salmon, fruits and cheeses for starters. They had the standard breakfast fair, including made to order omlettes and crepes. Nice selection of dinner type options too. The best part was the desserts, of course! It was so nice to have small cuts of things so you could try many of them. There was also a chocolate fountain. This was our first visit and we did not see the regular menu. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Full bar. Our bill was $65, before tip, for 3 brunches and 2 drinks and a coffee.

Plymouth, Michigan
“Good restaurant in novel setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant is in an old CSX train station depot in the Old Village area of town. Food is very good and there's a wide variety. Friendly wait service.

Visited June 2013