“AWESOME food and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Bistecca Italian Grille

La Bistecca Italian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bistecca Italian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: As an award winning restaurant in Plymouth, MI, La Bistecca Italian Grille is the proud recipient of the Distinguished Restaurants of North America Award of Excellence and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Our culinary team will tantalize your taste buds with various authentic and seasonal recipes that will entice even the most discerning palate.Serving only USDA Certified Piedmontese Beef allows us to promote their concept of healthy eating while not sacrificing taste. Please join us for an afternoon or evening of delectable delights from Northern Italy and wine from around the world.
Michigan, USA
“AWESOME food and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hubby and I just had dinner here 3/29/14. It is one of the BEST meals we have had. We had a Travelzoo coupon so we decided to give it a try. We WILL be back even at full price. We had the Antipasto Plate for a starter with there crusty bread and olive oil/pepper dipping sauce and 3 bean salad starter. Then we had dinner salads, and my husband had Filet, while I had Filet tips with onion/mushrooms and risotto. Then finally for desert we shared a Tiramisu. EVERYTHING was outstanding. The flavors were great and full rounded. The steaks cut like butter! Our server Joe was great too, very engaging and we wanted for nothing! Friendly and chatted with us without being intrusive.

Prices are on the high side, but the food is SO worth it. We will go back and spend the regular price even without a coupon.

This is our new go too spot for a nice dinner out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank wemjam

White Lake, Michigan
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I split the calamari appetizer which was flash fried tender with great flavor. The house salad and dressing with the crusty italian bread on the side was a great start. I had the lamb chops charred medium rare and my wife had halibut with spinach and fried potatoes. My risotto had a horseradish base and the broccoli was also superb. Kim our server was very attentive and added to the great evening

Detroit, Michigan
“Overpriced and really not Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a TravelZoo coupon to use and thought we'd give this place a try. It's in the middle of nowhere, so you are not going to be able to have drinks elsewhere before or after dinner, although the restaurant has a full drink menu.

The biggest disappointment is that the menu caters to fish, steak, and lamb lovers. If you want other forms of Italian food (lasagna, eggplant parm, etc.), then go elsewhere.

For the above reasons and the HIGH prices for SMALL serving sizes, I won't be back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John P
Redford, Michigan
“Perfect 60th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My brother and his family treated me to dinner at LaBistecca to celebrate my 60th birthday. What a lovely evening ~ the wait staff was very attentive; we never had to wait for anything; and the food was outstanding! We started off with some appetizers ~ calamarie was huge and so tender; some sauteed shrimp which was good; not great, and an antipasto salad that was not only beautiful, but very tasty...not a scrap left on that plate! For entre's ~ I had the 8 oz Piedmontese Filet ~ cooked perfectly and so delicious. My brother and new nephew-in-law had the beef short ribs which they said were outstanding...as a matter of fact, the waitress had mentioned early on that they were running low on the short ribs so my brother and nephew put their order in right there and then...(they actually reserved their order of short ribs!) My sis-in-law had the pan seared scallops which she said were done to perfection and both my nieces had the bee tenderloin tips. Delicious meal; great service; nice ambiance.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Deborah S
“A Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had the most wonderful dinner at La Bistecca! Their steaks are all Piedmontese meat, so, as cholesteral conscious eaters, we were able to enjoy a meal that would normally be a no-no
for us. And, what a wonderful meal it was!

First of all, the atmosphere of this restaurant was lovely. It was warm and inviting. Our server
could not have been more attentive or nicer. And, the owner showed how much he cared when
he personally visited our table to inquire as to how we were liking our dinner. That was really a very special "touch"... when you know that the owner really cares.

On to our dinner!
We shared a 23 oz. "Cowboy Steak" which was EXCELLENT!! It was very well seasoned and as tender as could be. It was delicious! We also ordered a lobster tail "side" and, that was
delicious as well.
We also had the Ceasar Salad. Got to say, it was one of the BEST Ceasar Salads that we've
ever had!

All in all, we so enjoyed both this restauant in every way. We will be coming back again and again!

• Visited January 2014