“Good Steak”

La Bistecca Italian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bistecca Italian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 148 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As an award winning restaurant in Plymouth, MI, La Bistecca Italian Grille is the proud recipient of the Distinguished Restaurants of North America Award of Excellence and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Our culinary team will tantalize your taste buds with various authentic and seasonal recipes that will entice even the most discerning palate.Serving only USDA Certified Piedmontese Beef allows us to promote their concept of healthy eating while not sacrificing taste. Please join us for an afternoon or evening of delectable delights from Northern Italy and wine from around the world.
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Good steak, good dinner menu, be prepared to stay awhile service can be slow.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

visited the restaurant with family for a birthday dinner. the decor was very nice, although a little too dark. when we were there for dinner there were no more than 5 tables with customers. service was very slow and spotty. the antipasto appetizer was below par and one of the entrees was inedible because the shrimp had the texture of rubber and the pasta sauce had no flavor. all menu items were overpriced - gnochhi with chicken and shrimp had 5 small pieces of chicken and 5 small shrimp and cost $28. saltimbocca di pollo didn't have the madeira sauce on the plate.

overall this was an average meal at best.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had never been to this restaurant before, but decided to try it. When we first called for reservations we were given the option of a "high-top" table in the bar, in order to be seated at a time closer to when we wanted, so we chose that, with the assurance that it would provide for intimate surroundings. But when we arrived, we were taken to a nice quiet table back in a corner--not a high-top. Our waiter was experienced and friendly, always there to quietly top off our wine glasses between courses, and careful not to hurry us between dishes. The food was superb. The house salad was a very interesting mix of flavors, and my sea bass was simply wonderful. My boyfriend's fillet was about the best he's ever had. We did not opt for dessert, being so stuffed with our dinners, but what we had was excellent.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

My most recent experience at this restaurant was very disappointing. My husband had made reservations well in advance for my birthday celebration. When we arrived, we were seated between the door to the kitchen and the door to the bar. It was the worst table in the house to say the least. When the waitress arrived, she took our drink order and we did not see her again for at least twenty minutes. When she returned, she took our dinner order. I requested my steak medium well and she described how it would be cooked back to me as they normally do. About fourty five minutes later we received our meals and my steak was medium rare and it was obvious my filet had come from the ribeye my husband had ordered (as he was missing that part of his steak). When I mentioned my steak was a little under cooked, the waitress said "Oh, I thought you said medium" in the rudest possible way. Mind you, she had repeated how it would be cooked back to me the way I had requested. I shrugged it off as it was my birthday and I was trying to enjoy my time with friends and family. When we were all finished with our meals, we requested our bill which we had to manually seperate ourselves amongst three couples because the waitress was so confused. The waitress was upset that we wanted three seperate checks and she automatically added gratuity to the bills which was fine. Despite all of this, I wasn't upset until she returned to the table to tell my friend that she had shorted her $20.00 and would count the money right in front of her. She proceeded to count the money back to her which was $20.00 over what the bill was (on top of the added gratuity) and didn't even apologize. It makes me sad because this was truly my most favorite restaurant.

1  Thank Love227
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We had been to La Bistecca dozens of times, including for milestone events (anniversaries, birthdays) and with friends on our recommendation. Based on those experiences, I would have given it high marks. However, there has been a change in the last few visits that is keeping us away.
Their service has slipped, with what appears to be untrained staff and they no longer have busboys (allowing things to pile up).
More disappointing has been the slip is the quality of their entrees. They boast about their beef ( as I did in the past), but our last two attempts the $30+ Filets have been average to unacceptable.
Not sure if the recession has resulted in lower quality product, but that is how it appears.

2  Thank Pattoe