“Great New Spot!”

Zin Wine Bar and Restaurant
Northville, Michigan
“Great New Spot!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We headed to Plymouth not knowing exactly where were going to eat being a Friday night and no reservations. Walked around a little and found this newer restaurant Zin! Looked at the menu and decided to give it a try. So glad we did. Sat outside and started with a bottle of wine and appetizer of baked brie, bread, roasted garlic and fruit. Our waitress, Sammy was great! We didn't want to be rushed and she spaced out our order perfectly so we could enjoy our date night dinner. We tried the soup of the day a Tuscan bean, delicious. Then had the pappardelle pasta. My husband added shrimp to his. What a nice entree! We shared a slice of bourbon cheesecake and my husband had a cup of french pressed coffee which was quite good. Hope to return soon.

• Visited August 2013

Plymouth, Michigan
“Good food, okay service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've only made one trip here but enjoyed the food. There are several salads (caprese was yummy) and we shared a flatbread pizza. Wine was good but maybe a bit overpriced. Outdoor seating is fun...right on the street in the heart of downtown. Service was spotty... salads served w/o silverware. No salt/pepper on our outdoor table. Had to ask twice for water refills on a hot day. Dinner for three... with a shared pizza and a glass of wine each came to about $85.

• Visited August 2013
Michigan
“First visit since change to anew wine bar”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I preferred the prior wine bar that was in this location compared to Zin Wine Bar. The food was deventbut I thight it wasover priced for the portions you receive. The wine is also over priced. In saying that, it is a fun place on the side street in a quiter area that is good for one drink and to share an appetizer. It is usually couples at this resturant and the inside has a quiet romantic type atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
Plymouth, Michigan
“Wonderful adult experience”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am new to the wine scene, and greatly enjoyed going to Zin with my husband on a "date." We sat on the patio on a perfect evening and enjoyed a bottle of wine and the cheese board. It was perfect. We ran out of bread, and our server asked us if we would like more since the cheese was not gone. One thing: I suppose I could gripe a little that the couple who was sitted several minutes after us was waited on before us. However, we were in quite a chill mood so that was not the end of the world. It is something they [wait staff / management] should be on the lookout for. One suggestion to diners: consider buying a whole bottle of wine rather than just a glass. For two people, that was really only a glass-and-a-half each, and it was a much better value than the somewhat high priced glasses. We will definitely be back and look forward to their next scheduled "wine tasting" paired with food choices to complement the wine.

• Visited July 2013
“Awesome patio wining and dining”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I love the small plates. The menu choices are really plentiful and even though I was only able to try two of the items, I'm sure every single one of them is delicious, even if it isn't a statistically significant sampling ;-)
Their homemade Sangria is really tasty - perfect blend with no overly sweet or fruity overtones like most sangrias.

• Visited May 2013