“Not Understanding Why Sushi Is On Their Menu”
Review of Panache 447 - CLOSED

Panache 447
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Panache 447 is dedicated to providing each guest with a unique social and dining experience. From our decor to our menu, Panache delivers style.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were the only ones in the restaurant and after waiting an hour we had our salad and left. It was extremely obvious the chef had no clue what she was doing. I was watching her reading the menu and attempting to make sushi. If you are named Bamboo and sushi is what is on the menu, have someone who knows what they are doing. First terrible review I have given in my life.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS DUMP attended my nieces wedding shower on Sunday (11:00am) in their upstairs room. Right away I saw a problem, the stairs leading up were covered in dark carpeting, that was filthy and had crumbs were on them - at 11 in the morning! The stairway was narrow, very poorly lit. This made it especially difficult to navigate. The way down was really scary. The main room was however with the exception of the one corner by the windows, this too is poorly lit. The meal was preselected, plated brunch items. Bamboo "created" a menu just for the event, and by this I mean a menu was printed with selections from the restaurant with the bride and grooms name on it.

Unfortunately things only go downhill from here. Servers took our requests from the menu, it took 1 1/2 -2 hours for every person to receive their food. The number of guests was 50. I was at a table for 6, one person received and ate her food a full 1 hour before anyone else at the table was served. About 20 orders later they ran out of ham, bacon, and jelly. I was one of the last 2 people to be served, and they "found" bacon, unfortunately instead of extra crispy as ordered, it was extra raw. I know one person at our table received her order with 3 pieces of bacon,- one strip torn made to look like the three strips that should have come with the breakfast. The owner/manager said they never ran out, well then why did the waitstaff tell us they were out. Two hours is a real long time to wait, to be served raw bacon, cold toast and room temperature greasy potatoes. The scrambled eggs were the only thing cooked correctly, and jeez I can do that as well, but it doesn't mean I should call myself a chef.

The shower was over about 20 minutes after the final plate was delivered. The worst part, besides the shower hostesses embarrassment, was that the manager/owner took no ownership, instead he hid behind his absolutely awesome group of servers assigned to us that morning. The poor things, what a position to be put in. They were so so nice and had to keep apologizing for their manager and chefs lack of ability to correctly plan and execute a party for 50 guests. Oh and he had the nerve to present a full price bill at the end of the event... After much arguing the event hostess did get a small discount, however we still need to make sure the waitstaff were properly rewarded with the 20% gratuity as stated in the event contract.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Now known as Bamboo, they may need to change their name yet again soon to attract business.

We went there for Sunday brunch. We had two toddlers with us, and had to wait about 50 minutes for our food. There is a total absence of service ethic. The wait staff disappeared, without so much as an update, and when I finally complained, the wait staff and management could manage no more than a perfunctory "sorry for the wait". They essentially acted like they could care less. Some tables around us had to wait even longer for their food. It was almost like a satire on how not to run a restaurant.

The food itself, when we finally got it, was decent, but the overall dining experience was so distasteful that there is no way that would go back there again, nor would we recommend the place to anyone else.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very, very disappointed in the Bamboo (which is just Panache renamed). From the way were greeted, to the food, to the service, to the bill, to the atmosphere, it could not get much worse. We should have gotten the signal that this was not a professionally run restaurant by the way we were greeted at the door, but people in our party all said lets try it. The bar has a very limited selection for beers (6 total). initially, we had a drink at the bar and the bartender delivered 1/3 of the drinks incorrectly, then the bill was completely wrong (10 people, 1 drink each, not that hard). At dinner (seated around 8:15), no menus were passed out, they left in a pile under a plate for us to pass around. It took for ever to have our order taken, no introduction, it took over an hour to be served, we had to request to have water glasses filled, and we had to pass empty plates to the waiter for the table to be cleared.

The food was poor, plain and simply poor. $15 for a hamburger - really? The fish tacos and the dumplings were VERY over cooked. The fries served with some of the meals were soggy and limp, the Pad Thai was bland. The sushi was low grade and poorly prepared.

Atmosphere wise - they leave the front door open so it is drafty. At 10 pm, they just turned up the lights to tell people to leave. It would have been more professional to come to the table and inform people that they were closing.

There were no redeeming qualities that I would want to return. If they do not change dramatically (improve service and food quality), then they will not last long.

1  Thank Luke C
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Have a hard time believing the other reviews. We visited Plymouth and ate at this restaurant. Place was empty except for four people during lunch hour. We hesitated, but went in anyway. Service was very slow, and they did not even have the proper service pieces for coffee cream, etc. Sandwiches were soggy, and I absolutely recommend staying away from the cupcake meatloaf. First, it was not "loaf" at all, but barely holding together in three little piles on the plate. Second, it was unrecognizable as to the type of meat because it was ground so finely. It had an odd flavor, so I asked the waiter about it. He had no idea what was in it. I did not eat the rest after smelling it because it was very similar to what I take out of the can for my dog. I'm not trying to be funny or cruel, but honest and descriptive. If the prices had not been so high, and because the sandwiches were good even though a little wet, I may have given it two stars. The atmosphere is more night club, and I suspect that is the main function and attraction for this place. Perhaps their breakfasts are better. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Money would be best spent elsewhere. Stay far away.

1  Thank norayaremafried