“Loved everything about it”
Review of Panache 447 - CLOSED

Panache 447
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Panache 447 is dedicated to providing each guest with a unique social and dining experience. From our decor to our menu, Panache delivers style.
Michigan
“Loved everything about it”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I had the good fortune of dining here last night. I arrived shortly after 5:00 and the restaurant was empty. I found this surprising as it is located on a bustling street in Downtown Plymouth and Wednesday is half-off-wine-night. The interior is very posh and inviting and the waitress greeted me immediately. When she noticed me perusing the wine list, she asked what style of wine I preferred and then brought over their not-yet-introduced list and told me that they had almost everything on it in already. I ordered an exquisite Chilean Syrah and was not disappointed. My husband arrived at this point and was happy to see wine on the table. When he tried it, he was even more pleased. At half off, it was quite a value. I ordered two kinds of sushi and he had the beer-battered fish and chips. The sushi was presented with a nice flourish and a small container of dry ice smoking away in dramatic fashion. It sounds hokey but it was actually a really cool touch. The sushi was fantastic and my husband thoroughly enjoyed every bit of his meal. Unfortunately, they were out of half of the items on their dessert list but by that time we were full and happy and didn't really care. The waitress was friendly and efficient and we both remarked "I'd hire her!" We will also definitely go back. I highly recommend Panache.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Missing the mark......”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Arriving mid-week to dine with friends, I was excited to try Panache. Their menu on-line looked great and, once there, found it has a hip vibe that I enjoyed. Our waitress was great, juggling a large table with different requests. Drinks were served quickly, orders taken....perfect so far. Then it began to go downhill. I'm not sure what the problem was, as the restaurant was not even 50% occupied, but we waited over 30 minutes just for salad. The entrees came in another 15 (which was good), but the food wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. Cooked seafood was underdone and chicken dishes looked (and tasted) like they came from take-out restaurants. Other dishes were 'just okay' which isn't okay if you are spending $25 and up per entrée. To their credit, the salads and salmon dishes were amazing. Again, our waitress was great, restaurant was comfortable and very nice (the bathroom needed a good cleaning), but they are only average at best. I hope this changes as it could be great.

1 Thank spencersbride
Michigan
“so much potential”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place has soooo much potential but it is all let go by the horrible service. If you are charging 20 to 30 dollars for an entree the wait staff and managers should match. If you walk by on a busy Saturday evening all the resturants are packed except Panache. It is a real shame because they have fun drinks and their food is above average. They even have a few items that are amazing. At first, I was able to get people to com e with me and give this place another shot but now I don't even want another shot there. I don't feel I should give them business when all these reviews say pretty much the same thing but nothing changes.

Birmingham, Michigan
“First timer”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

First time eating here and arrived at 6 on a Saturday night and was seated right away as no one was there. Seated in a booth and the atmosphere was what appeared NYC inspired. Waitress was very friendly and efficient. Companion had a sushi plate that was served with foaming dry ice for the "presentation". I found it strange, but he declared the sushi very good and all was eaten. I had the stuffed chicken breasts that were not stuffed, just grilled chicken breasts covered with a cream cheese sauce. Described on the menu as filled with spinach and bell pepper, but wasn't. Accompanied by mashed potatoes covered with the sauce. Large portion, but left most. Sauce was over powering. Special ice cream cake for desert-can't remember the name, but had oreo crust, peanut butter, fruit and ice cream. Good, but not amazing. Two glasses of wine were as expected. When leaving before eight it began to fill, but still not full. Other places in downtown were over crowded. Appears to have live music. Nothing special here and to many other places in Plymouth, so will not return.

• Visited April 2013
Clarkston, Michigan
“Unexpected surprise!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was strolling the downtown area during the annual Ice Festival and came across this place. It was closed at the time (about 4pm) but peaked in the window and feel in love with the clean crisp decor. Had plans in the area at 5 and decided to swing back around afterwards for a cocktail. We were greeted right away and had no wait to sit. Our waitress ( Meagan) was wonderful. We told her we were just having a drink and she made us feel so comfortable and encouraged us to take our time. Glad we did! We took a look at the menu and it was very creative and very reasonable. We stayed the whole night enjoying their wonderfully creative drinks and some pretty amazing sushi. Not to mention the homemade cotton candy brought to our table to enjoy as a after meal snack!There was live entertainment that was just perfect for listening without having to shout to the person next to you. The whole experience was great. We will definitely be back again to enjoy this comfortable quaint but elegant place. And certainly well be asking for Meagan again!

• Visited January 2013