“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Panache 447 - CLOSED

Panache 447
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Panache 447 is dedicated to providing each guest with a unique social and dining experience. From our decor to our menu, Panache delivers style.
Plymouth, Michigan
“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I went their during Plymouth's restaurant week and had a great experience. The food, wine and service was great. They have live music on the weekends which really adds to the mood in the environment as well. Our server was great ensuring I never had to wait or ask for anything twice, the manager even came over to our table twice to see how we were doing. The only negative comment I have is where our seats were located. We were at the table right before the stairs to the Comedy club, unfortunately it was a bit loud and over powered our conversation and nice music at times. Next time I will be sure to request a table away from the stairs.

• Visited October 2012

“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Dined with my wife last night at Panache. Supposedly they were short waitstaff, but still! Didn't get a Menu until we had been seated 20 minutes. Received our food over an hour after we had arrived. Wondered why we'd go 15 minutes without even seeing our waitress. It became clear when we finally saw she had a penchant for yakking at her tables for long periods of time, ignoring other customers. I decided to embarrass her by interrupting her in front of her other customers. I regret leaving a 15% tip.

1 Thank EandMMichigan
Michigan
“Great food, will definitely return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I just went to Panache in Plymouth, MI last night, and we had a great meal. The decor was modern and very beautiful- dark wood contrasted with white leather seating, and pretty artistic lighting. Our table of four shared the Panachos for an appetizer, and they were excellent. I would have loved to have a bit more toppings on them because it was so tasty, but I would get them again next time I visit.
My and my husband shared 3 sushi rolls, all very nice size with excellent flavor. The waitress told us that they have a special chef roll the sushi, and it's all done in a cold room so that the fish is never exposed to room temperatures during preparation. The other diners at our table had the meatloaf cupcakes, (essentially meatloaf shaped from a cupcake pan and they were placed over whipped potatoes), and the salmon entree. The salmon came cooked medium to medium rare, so order it all cooked through if that's how you like it.
We also shared the edamame. It came all shelled, and I think I would have preferred it in the shells- it's part of the fun of eating it.
All diners are treated with a bowl of cotton candy for dessert, which was great- remember that cotton candy is one of the lowest calorie dessert treats out there, so dig in if you go. We ordered the cookie bowl for dessert as well to share, and it was really good.
They have options for vegetarians and vegans alike, so I can't say anything negative about our dining experience, and I'd be happy to return soon.

• Visited June 2012
Canton, Michigan
“Overpriced, service fair, nice remodel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I, along with my husband and another couple, had drinks, appetizers, and a meal on a Sunday evening of a holiday weekend. To start off, we had high expectations based on the prices on the online menu, however, we were someshat dissapointed. Way too much on the menu! It needs to be narrowed down! Sushi is serviced with dry ice on the plate, giving a "foggy" presentation...really strange! Just focus on the food and its presentation. Our server was new and did not appear all that familiar with the menu or service associated with "fine dining".....not horrible service, but needs some refining. Our entrees were good, however $27 for the scallops is way overpriced for a restaurant like that, especially when you only get 4 and they were not huge scallops. We did not order dessert, we preferred to go get soft serve ice cream down the street. However, cotton candy was served at the end of the meal, again really strange.
Also, the tables were too small for a party of 4 making delivery of plates difficult for the server. We do not plan on coming back to this restaurant-the money would be better spent at another fine dining establishment.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BryonyFD
Michigan
“Panache - So Many Possibilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I read the TA reviews of this restaurant (& mgt. responses) before booking dinner on a weekend. From my experience the TA reviewers are 'right on' with their comments --- and mgt. is responding. The drinks definitely have sufficient alcohol, the service is efficient and friendly. Overall, the food experience from our table of four ranged from delicious to ok. Many of the menu items are unique and intriguing.
But (and you were waiting for the but) it is a bit of a muddle. The ambiance is modern & sophisticated, but then there are those flat screen tvs everywhere - is it a sports bar? The 7pm crowd at the tables is mostly over 40, but the music caters to the 20 somethings at the bar. Everyone shouts so as to be heard over the music. Clearly our server is proud of the speciality cocktails so we each try one. None of us feels we got the drink as described by our server. We hesitate to ask for descriptions of the menu choices. And the menu! The appetizers seem large and filling - grilled cheese, etc. There is a lot of menu space devoted to sushi & sushi prices. Are these single pieces? Are they appetizers? Why don't we see anyone around us eating sushi? Lots and lots of entrees and then heavy (sounding) desserts like French toast. How to put this together? Three courses . . . small plates . . . sharing apps -- we're exhausted by the possibilities before we've even made our choices.
Again, our consensus on what we ate was delicious to ok. So I give this restaurant a better than even chance of sorting itself out. There is a talented (and creative) chef in the kitchen. Here's hoping the menu will get thinned, the servers will get better at knowing (and describing) the product and mgt. (who clearly care, based on their responses to reviews here) may turn this attractive space into a welcoming destination for any & all of the diverse clientele interested in stopping in. We'll wait a month or so and then give it another try.

• Visited May 2012