“Very small place but very nice and friendly.”

NICO & VALI Italian Eatery
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Generation after generation, the Italian pursuit of love, life and family has always been influenced by the age-old passion for food...fresh, simple, and home-cooked. NICO & VALI, whose name was inspired by the newest generation of DePalmas - Nicola, Valentina and Liliana, invites you to experience that passion. The DePalma family has long held the tradition of sharing their kitchen with warm affection and large appetites. From your favorite regions of Italy, NICO & VALI will awaken your senses with Nonna's traditional recipes, warm ovens and welcoming smiles as if you were one of the family.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a special of the day which was chicken, potatoes and etc. It was very good. Quaint little place. Nice music on the patio. Salads have been great. Bread is great.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visited here many times for dinner (and take-out). The interior is like a cafe in Italy, complete with (not too loud) Italian Pop music playing. Sometimes a live performer, and you can always sit outside on the small terrace. Italian food and some good wines. Servers are helpful, and the food is definitely above average. A high point for me is the Torta della Nonna - reminds me of the good desserts served in similar places in Italy.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great service, excellent food. Nice place. Very casual.Varied menu. Carryout/takeout service also available.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I lived in Plymouth for over a year before we discovered Nico & Vali's - being a bit off of the beaten path by Kellog park, it was a last-resort on a busy night when we couldn't get in anywhere on Main Street. It's a family owned place that makes you feel like you're sitting in their upscale living room - it's cozy and intimate without being stuffy in any way. They have a great patio as well and phenomenal live music Thursday and Fridays - Teddy plays yacht-rock covers on Friday and is the best - worth a trip for the live music alone, but the food will keep you coming back!

What a fortunate accident to find this place. They raised their prices recently, but are still cheaper than Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill but the quality and flavors are not even comparable - Nico and Vali's is so wonderful, fresh, and seasonal! THey have wonderful soup, salad, sandwiches (and combo options for any of the above) as well as phenomenal pastas and italian classics. THey have a specials menu that is very seasonal and fresh - when in doubt, try something from the specials, they are fantastic. You can customize the pastas with one of four sauces, which go nicely beyond the standard 'meat or marinara' option - they have a phenomenal butter and sage and garlic olive oil option I'd recommend on anything.

The butternut squash ravioli is my all-time favorite dish here - I'd never eaten it before the waiter recommended it here and it changed my culinary life forever. I now try butternut squash ravioli everywhere I go and have yet to find a better one! Love that it's on the menu all year so you don't just get it in the fall. So good!

We had our rehearsal dinner at Nico & Vali's and the staff could not have been more welcoming or accommodating, even for a large group in a small restaurant.

Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I'm Italian love Italian food and the culture as well...obviously. It is a quaint little restaurant full of life which makes for the authentic atmosphere. The night my boyfriend and I went out they had a guitarist who was very good! We ordered the Calamari, which I didn't care for. I was expecting calamari rings, but got adult calamari strips which had a funky flavor. So being I ordered the appetizer more for my boyfriend he ordered the caprese which was good. The soup that my boyfriend ordered which I believe was the Italian wedding soup was fabulous. I had a salad with their vinaigrette which was also really good. I ordered the ricotta and spinach ravioli, which was very delicious. As for the veal parm my boyfriend ordered it was alright. Overall, I will definitely be coming back. The wait staff was great and the food was pretty good, and a nice intimate setting.