Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$88
ComfortInn
$110
HIExpress.com
$159
$47
$44
$88
Residence Inn Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$224
$112
TownePlace Suites
$89
$119
$101
All reviewsdunkin donutsfront deskgas stationright next doorwood floorsreasonable ratesann arborcan't beat the pricebike pathanswer any questionsless than an hournice changegrand rapidseasy access to the freewaywill stay there againclean roomshot water
Reviewed July 5, 2013

While staying at the red roof inn, both front desk clerks named Dan and Julian were very helpful, informative and friendly. Once I got to my room it was clean, had all the essentials one would want while staying at a hotel, and for a reasonable price which was great. I enjoued my stay and plan on staying again soon

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sambear22
Diane B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay here at the Red Roof Inn. We do have a wonderful staff here. Julian and Dan are wonderful employees. I am very happy to hear the room was exactly what you were looking for. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at four different Red Roof Inns in southeast Michigan in recent months. The amenities and rooms, especially the Superior Kings, have been, well, superior--not only for this price range, but a step or two up.

Each time, the employees have been, without exception, friendly and helpful, but the Plymouth, Michigan Red Roof Inn stands out. Julian at the front desk provided stellar service, taking the time to get us the room we wanted on a very busy night (a lot of folks were in town for a dog show). His attention and extra effort to fulfill our request will go a long way--we'll look for a Red Roof Inn first, knowing we can expect a great, inexpensive stay with excellent service.

Room Tip: The Superior King rooms are affordable and well worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your review on the Red Roof Inn, Plymouth. We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We try our best to provide our guests with the best service possible. We appreciate your kind comments, I will share them with the Red Roof Inn staff. We look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Julian J

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I used the mystery hotel site to get a 2 star hotel near Canton. This hotel is what came up. Its not even close to 2 stars, more like zero stars. The room I was given was filthy, it had a "stain" all over the chair, the sheets had drops of blood on them and a floss pick was on the floor. I complained to the mystery people who did nothing but ask the front desk to move me. The front desk was nice and apologized but put me into another room that was just as dirty. The floor had hair all over, the wall had brown stains, and again a giant "stain" in the chair. There is no hair dryer and you will not feel safe. Im pretty sure a "lady" went into a room down the walkway with a older man about 65. The majority of customers were walking around without shirts. Stay away. The Tv was from 1940 and the A/c barely works. It also is filled with Allergy spores. You can find any hotel in better shape for 50 dollars a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jpawpib

Thank you for taking the time to review Red Roof Inn, Plymouth. I apologize for the bad experience you mentioned in your review. I have taken appropriate measures to correct the problems you experienced. We will shortly be going under renovations at our hotel that will include new furniture and new flat screen TV's. I hope you give us another chance and stay at our hotel in the future.

Julian J

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location is great, right off of I-275 and not far from the city of Plymouth, MI - well-known as a nice city with great neighborhoods. A bit far from some of the key Metro Detroit attractions but you trade travel times for safety and nicer neighborhoods.

The property has promise but needs some TLC and upgrades. The beds were uncomfortable. They need to be replaced. If traveling solo, expect one set of towels, even in a double queen room. Room was clean but nothing special. No chairs other than one at the desk so you have to sit on the bed. WiFi was experiencing problems and was to be updated soon according to a sign in the lobby.

They do have an agreement with Dunkin Donuts next door for a free breakfast but the staff never mentioned it on either of my two stays here. I had to ask at the desk in the morning to get the coupon.

Beware of the extra charge for the room safe. It is automatically added and you need to either tell them at check-in that you don't want it, or dispute it at the time of checkout. It's only $1.50 for the night but I hate these unexpected add-ons.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Plymouth Red Roof Inn. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our city as there are many wonderful shops and restaurants to visit during your stay. We will be undergoing renovation shortly, replacing our beds, adding flat screen TV's hardwood floors, leather chairs and much more. Please visit us again the next time you are in our area.

Christina

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Being a Hilton GOLD member I was disappointed that all the area Hamptons/Hilton's were booked for U of M graduation weekend so we booked with this hotel. The positives are as follows #1 Pet friendly no fee #2 Bike trail runs behind property parallel to the expressway #3 Free breakfast vouchers to redeem at Dunkin Doughnuts. The negatives are as follows #1 Cleanliness issues: Blood stain on inside of bedspread, Strand of hair in fridge. #2 Old TV not HD. #3 Lack of privacy: When heavy curtains are open, there are no sheer curtains to close so everyone walking by looks in your window. Kind of creepy!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to review the Plymouth Red Roof. I am very sorry you experienced an unacceptable cleanliness issue. I have spoken with my housekeeping staff as we wish our entire guest to have a wonderful experience during every visit. Please rests assure this has been addressed and is not a tolerable practice. We are renovation soon and adding flat screen TV's. Thank you for sharing your positive comments as well. I am glad you enjoyed the Dunkin Donuts Breakfast, Bike trail runs and our Pets Stay Free policy.
Please accept my apologies. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you as your travels bring your our way.

Christina