“Economical and Professional” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
“Economical and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had 3 rooms here for two weeks and was impressed by the overall cleanliness and responsiveness of the staff. Diane, Tineka, and Steve were always efficient and friendly about everything including making sure my mail was delivered.

Cheers

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Plymouth. I will most certainly share your kind comments with all of the staff. Our goal is to provide superior quality and service to every customer, your review will be appreciated by my staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Christina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was in the area on business and knew I wouldn't be checking in until after 7:00 P.M.. All I wanted was a hot shower, good nights sleep, and a cup of coffee in the morning. I got what I wanted and for only $37 (plus tax) Other rooms in the same area were $50 up to $125. The building is old, but they have kept it up. The only down side, old TV and not a great picture. Check in was quick and easy and staff was very friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nitelites01
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn in Plymouth, Michigan. I am happy to hear that we satisfied you with a quick check in, friendly staff, hot shower, good night’s sleep, and a cup of coffee in the morning. My staff appreciates your positive comments. We are planning to add flat screen TV's to our guest rooms soon. We look forward to your next visit, thank you for choosing to do business with us.

Vulcan, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was traveling from Northern Michigan to PA when my vehicle broke down along a major highway in the local vicinity. It was later in the evening when I arrived at the Red Roof Inn, not even sure they had a vacancy. They had rooms available and the check in time was quick and painless. I had a very warm welcome from the employee behind the desk. Not knowing when my vehicle would be finished with the repairs, the staff allowed me to stay an extra hour in my room. After an hour elapsed, I still was unsure of when my vehicle would be fixed, they let me "hang out" in the lobby for another hour. Come to find out, I would be staying another night at the Red Roof Inn. They had me in a room within minutes. Clean rooms and the staff is very friendly. Thank you for your great hospitality!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth/Canton. I am very sorry you had to endure a vehicle breakdown but glad that we were able to quickly check you in and get you into a clean room. My staff appreciates your comments and was happy to accommodate you during the anticipation of your repair. We look forward to your next visit if you are in our location again. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a very experienced traveler and I have stayed in literally thousands of hotel over my 30 year career. I have to say that this Red Roof Inn rates up there in the 5 star hotel category. I came in with no reservation and in need of a room. As I was checking in, I had the experience of meeting one of the most courteous, professional and friendly staff in the hospitality industry. The desk manager, Steve was very accommodating and had me taken care of immediately and at one of the best rates in the area. I then had the opportunity to meet Christina, the general manager, as I had some questions in regards to my Red Card. She had all the information I needed and answered all my questions. While having conversion with them in regards to my stay, I was offered coffee (the best) and made to feel at home as I just moved here and I am new to the area. I got to my room and was very impressed with how clean the accommodations were. The room even smelt great! The WiFi system worked fine also. There is a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts that is open 24 hours in combination with gas / convenience store right next door. There is also a Denny's next to it. My hats off to the staff for the excellent service I received and I highly recommend that you choose this hotel for your next stay here in Plymouth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to give the Red Roof Inn Plymouth such a wonderful review. I will share your comments with my staff. I know they will appreciate hearing that they were able to make your visit with us a very enjoyable one. Again, thank you for your kind recommendation, we look forward to your next visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Easy access to the interstate, yet far enough away from it so you don't hear noise. Gas station, restaurants within walking distance. Bed was ok, nothing to write home about. Furniture was outdated. Ample parking. Decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Get the biggest room within your budget if you plan to spend any time in it doing business or just r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Red Roof Inn Detroit/Plymouth. I am glad we were able to offer you easy access to the interstate while providing you with a quiet place to stay. Great tip, glad you enjoyed the Superior King room with the micro/fridge and larger work area. Thank you again and we look forward to your next trip.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've stayed here recently. To stay here is great. The front desk service is great, I love their professionalism of being friendly and accommodation is very good their housekeeping is cle and friendly the breakfast with DUNKIN DONUTS is good and I just want to say to everyone at the RED ROOF INN THANKS, for your great services.

REGARDS,
MILDRED WILLIAMS

Room Tip: "Super king rooms are the best"
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Detroit/Plymouth Red Roof Inn. My staff appreciates your comments on their professionalism and will continue to ensure you have a wonderful visit. It is important to us to provide our guest with a clean room and we are glad that you enjoyed your room, great service and breakfast from Dunkin Donuts. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

northville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I definitely would recommend this hotel in this price range. I've got a bit of mixed feelings about this hotel. It hit the main criteria I set for my stay...economical, clean public areas, room, bathroom, good location. So that should get it 5 stars on my rating curve. The breakfast arrangement with the Dunkin Donuts 20 feet from the front door is a great idea. Front desk lady was very pleasant and welcoming.
The things that give me mixed feelings were: 1.) There were two beds in the room. The one that had a poor mattress was the better of the two. I'll cut them a break on this, it was perhaps only a little below what I would expect for this price range hotel. 2.) I turned the one comforter down and it had a couple of small stains, -- one a liquid, one of brown coloration, origin unknown. They were old stains, not fresh, but still. 3.) The wifi. RR is very proud of the free in room wifi. Indeed, I think there were 5 access points I could reach. Too bad none of them could hold a signal for more than 5 minutes. Infuriating!! I've used my computer and phone at multiple locations since with no issues. If you are going to advertise wifi so heavily, make it work. I think that was the reason they lost a star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on your recent visit with the Plymouth Red Roof Inn. I would like to apologize for the stains on your comforter, bed comfort and the WiFi not working property. As soon as I received this review I shared your findings with the rest of my staff. It is very important to each of my employees and me that we provide an enjoyable visit for each of our guest and take the proper measurements to do so. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the clean rooms, good location and that you enjoyed our breakfast with Dunkin Donuts. Again, thank you and we look forward to your return visit.

Christina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#3 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plymouth - Ann Arbor Area
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth? Share your experiences!