Tripadvisor
Plymouth

“Come here if you want to be utterly disappointed with a meal, they execute disappoint successfully here.”
Review of Thai Ocha

Thai Ocha
Ranked #60 of 156 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Ordered some carry out on our way home.

We ordered the pad Thai with steamed tofu and Thai spicy level and the pad prik with steamed tofu, medium spicy.

Small place, dining area to the right, a few high top tables right upon entry.

They gave us a small sampling of their hot and sour soup in our carry-out. Would have been a nice plus if it didn’t taste bland and boring and bad.

The pad prick with the steam tofu portion size is half of what I expected for the price. Most Thai restaurants would give double this size or at least 50% more. I think they are fully charging me for the rice as half the meal. There was only 3 pieces of steamed tofu in the whole carry out dish, so stingy.
My pad prik was supposed to be medium level spicy but it’s too hot and was spiced more like hot to me. I couldn’t eat it since it made me choke so much after only one bite and burned my entire lip and mouth with that one bite. I had to go find other food since it was inedible and not enough for a dinner portion either. The rice is poor quality and not good enough on its own either. My lips were still burning after 10 minutes after the one bite.

The pad Thai was okay, at least double if not more than the portion of my pad prik. Food is sub-par here. I feel for Plymouth since they have been cursed with this place. It was sufficiently hot enough for my husband. Though it would have been nice if the lime piece they had given us wasn’t so old and dried out, couldn’t get anymore than a drop out of the piece in the container.

I can’t wait to see what takes this place, hopefully sooner than later. Thanks to them I wasted money on a meal I can’t even eat. This place is surely to execute pure disappoint.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Stumbled in here after driving past so many times going into downtown Plymouth. Went for lunch and ordered pad Thai curry as well as the pineapple curry. We liked our dishes a lot and both got Thai teas to go along with our food. The service was great and the restaurant is very clean and we had a great time. Will definitely go back and we recommend it to anyone in the mood for Thai food!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

Food was good for the most part. My husband enjoyed his Pad Thai and fried rice. I thought the fried rice was a bit oily. Next time I will ask that they use less oil. My almond chicken entree had nice flavor but sauce seemed a bit watery. The staff are friendly and the restaurant is nicely updated. Would try this place again.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Super friendly and nice people running this restaurant and fish curry it was outstanding !!!! Second dish we ordered it was Crispy Duck and it was not good , in the first place it is in the menu that it is half duck , and mine was missing whole breast part , just legg, wing and back part plus meat it was not seasoned and it was semi tuff. We will come back , but we will stay a way from duck !!!! Over all good Thai spot .

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 26, 2018

We went to this Restaurant at 2:30 pm on Sunday, placed order and waited for about one hour thinking that food will come soon. Then when we asked about order at 3:30 pm , they said the order is lost and we need to order again and wait for 30 mins more to get the food. My husband was really hungry and it looked like the act was intentional. Even the representative din't ask sorry his mistake and he was very Rude. Will never go again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Thai Ocha? Share your experiences!