“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plainwell
roseville
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The only complaint I have was this is a conference center and they have all kinds of halls for rentals.But the area set up for breakfast had like 6 tables and 2 were being used by the staff. I would have liked to have an elevator for seniors or wheel bound people.We were told we could get a ground floor room for extra money, along with a fridge. THe rooms were nice we had a rather large flat screen tv. The internet was good.The free breakfast was good but we had to take it to our room up the stairs because their were not enough tables.Not too far from the casino at Gunlake.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hartland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stay here a few times a year for work. The rooms are very nice and clean but the front desk staff is not friendly and the showers do not get hot.

• Stayed July 2011
St Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed here in late June, during the week, and was very happy with the hotel. We arrived very late (1am), and the clerk was pleasant - and awake! All I wanted at that point was a bed, but I was very happy to find that the room was large, had comfortable beds and everything was very clean. We were able to keep the room at a comfy temperature (and the unit was not noisy). The bathroom was large, and it seemed, so was the tub. The shower head was high enough for my tall sons, water pressure good and the towels were thick (but not too thick) and large. Breakfast was all good (scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt and the other usual things), but the best part of that was that there were 2 or 3 workers who only attended to the breakfast. That meant everything was full at all times, areas were cleaned quickly and everything was taken care of. We will stay again, when in the area!

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly for my reservation.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank baseballover
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

And pretty much the only place to stay in Plainwell. But really is a nice hotel, especially for a Comfort Inn. The beds were comfortable. The workout room was nice. The bathrooms were VERY nice. The hotel staff were all very friendly and courteous. My room was not ready when I went to check in (I tried to check in very early), but they were very courteous about my being there early. The hotel was does not have an elevator, so if you have a heavy suit case, you may want to request to be on the first floor or be ready to carry it up some stairs.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this Comfort Inn in Plainwell when we went on a family ski strip to the ski areas in Otsego. Our first trip a year ago was great. This year, not so much.

We were pleased to see that the room we were in had been renovated with nice new tile in the entry and bathroom, new modern fixtures in the bathroom, a wall mounted tv and some other nice upgrades (which unfortunately apparently didn't include the mattresses, which were way to firm). We weren't so pleased to discover (no notice provided online while reserving the room) that just about every other room on our end of the hall was still under renovation. This meant that around 9:00AM on Monday morning we started to hear workers out in the hallway getting ready to start their workday. By 10:30 they had the tile cutter going full blast. Some guy was literally chipping away at the wall with some tool immediately adjacent to our room. Fortunately, we were getting ready to leave for a day of skiing by then.

I'm not sure if the room heater/AC was new, but it didn't work like it was. It was great for drying your damp ski clothes, but didn't do a very good job of keeping the room at a comfortable temperature. On "heat" it had one temperature- extremely hot! I guess whatever thermostat that was supposed to turn the thing off automatically when the air around the unit reached a certain temperature wasn't working. We had to open both windows in the room to cool it down to a temperature that was tolerable, and then just leave the fan running, which had only one setting-high and LOUD- to keep air circulating in the room.

When I told the front office clerk at the desk while I was checking out of my disappointment, she sounded sympathetic enough, but she merely handed me my receipt and stated that she would tell her manager. Why didn't she get the manager? Didn't she realize that we won't be going back there?

You shouldn't either.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jwwpt
Cecilton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

We happened to be in town at the last minute and decided to stay over. The hotel was great about getting us a room. It has been recently remodeled and the rooms are gorgeous! I love the shower! We will definetly be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jenlafount
Otsego, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

I recently stayed at the hotel after a long days work and found the recent renovations to the hotel GREAT!!! After a long days work I was able to relax in the hot tub and go back to my cozy room and watch TV on the flat screen. I have recommended the Hotel to my coworkers do the convenient location and hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainwell
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
#21 of 31 in Kalamazoo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!