“Camping and Boating”

Add it.
Pinckney Recreation Area - Bruin Lake
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Pinckney
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is the fourth time in three years that we have camped at Bruin Lake. Usually we are on the lake this time we had a site on the outer side and could see the lake. It is close by to allow us to park the trailer then get back for the boat. On weekends it is full and can look like a trailer park. The anchorage area can be a bit crowded. I can't wait for the improvements to the campground and the anchorage that will take place before next season.

1  Thank Rick S

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent four hours swimming in Silver Lake which is part of the Pinckney Recreational Area. The lake was very refreshing and I just couldn't stop swimming. Amenities here include a fishing pier, boat rentals, picnic areas, volleyball courts, a concession stand, camping sites and great swimming in the lake. For a carefree summer day or two Pinckney Recreation Area can't be beat!
It's a little bit of Vermont here especially with the nearby farms and cow herds.

1  Thank adrianna24sings
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Close to home, but definitely out in the country. Went here with my family, definitely had a good time. Pros are grassy sites, friendly staff, great host camper involvement. Felt safe letting the kids run around because most of the campers were family. The lake is shallow in the swimming area and my kids loved it. the water was clean, but would cloud up with minimal movement due to the soft "dust" bottom. Those pros were a little overshadowed with the cons tho. No sand on the beach, no sand castles for the little ones. If they say the site is hilly, bring extra boards for leveling because they are not kidding. Huge annoyance was no hand dryers in the bathrooms. Host camper said that the park has had problems with people breaking the blowers, and trashing the bathrooms with towels. Also, almost every time I was in the bathroom, the floor was wet. They keep up with cleaning it (3x per day) but seems some had problems with missing the mark a lot. I will be back to this campground, but its because of my kids and the fun they had. With out my family, you wouldn't see me there.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great hiking with clearly marked trails. Hilly terrain, but not too challenging. Trails are used by bikers and hikers.

1  Thank Deb M
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Trail was a tough workout but very rewarding. If your not a biker lots of other activities are available. There was a nice beach area, hiking, and volleyball. Worth taking a day to check out.

1  Thank Brent F