“Run Fast and Far Away!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge South

Econo Lodge South
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed July 27, 2010

To say that this hotel is terrible gives my stay here too much credit!! The reservation staff were rude and that should've been my warning. However, the room was worse than anything I've ever seen. The carpet was stained and I was afraid to remove my shoes, the shower had MOLD and peeling paint, the bed was also very hard and I could barely lay down on my side. I finally checked out the next day and will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2010

I expected this to be a budget motel so I knew better than to expect a lot but was grossed out when I found bugs everywhere, including in my bed. The room was also quite noisy and not too far from or insulated against the noise of the main road. We paid about $130 a night there and I feel we paid WAY too much for a poor night's stay. We ended up moving to another local hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2010

The rooms were very nice and clean. We traveled with a large soccer group and the staff was very willing to accomodate our large group. Was in close proximity to all the places we needed to go. Breakfast was also great with a fairly decent selection. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I was quite hesitant when I booked the room at the Econo Lodge as this is not a brand I usually book with. We were traveling with my daughter and she had her cat so we were limited to where we could stay. Though the hotel is nothing fancy, it provided a very comfortable and clean bed, my main concern. The room had a fridge which was useful, the hotel is located very close to the casino, and in addition was quiet. Also, it is very close to dowtown and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rpmkyl
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We arrived without a reservation on a Saturday evening and were offered a very attractive rate. All the staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The facilities and the room were clean and orderly. The complimentary continental breakfast, while certainly nothing fancy (and not expected to be), was fine. The free high speed wireless internet was easy to connect to and worked very well. Overall, this was a good value.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beatlawyer
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This is far from the best hotel I've ever stayed in.. but far from the worst as well. Decor was older, as well as building, but most importantly to me everything was clean.
When I checked into my first room, my key didn't work and I had to go get a replacement. I had a long day of work and settled in around midnight. I changed into some comfy clothes and was ready to chow down some Burger King when the TV fried. It started ringing this high-pitched sound and I had to move the furniture around to unplug it to avoid catching fire. The room then smelled horribly of fried electronics.
I went back to the office where I found out the motel was booked and there was not an extra TV. The young girl did manage to get me into a room that was already booked but had the guests leave because they were not pleased with the condition. In fact, the girl told me the guests threw their keys at her! some people... especially since the room wasn't that bad.
All in all, it was kind of a stressful event for both myself and the poor girl working there, but she did an exceptional job and I did manage get a good night sleep. That was the main objective after all.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LukeTakesPictures
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I, along with some friends, stayed at this hotel for one night. Although it was a short visit, we were happy with our stay. The rooms were clean and included a mini fridge as well as a safe for personal items. The location of the hotel is very close to the Odawa Casino as well as downtown Petoskey. There was a small, indoor pool and hot tub that looked very refreshing (we didn't have time to use it). The continental breakfast was very nice (waffles; pastries; juice; coffee; cereal; toast; etc). We would stay here again as well as recommend this motel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends