“Great Place”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
New Baltimore, Michigan
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a great place. Friendly helpful employees. Very clean. Great breakfasts. Has swimming pool and hot tub. Great hours on hot tub. Has a shuttle to the casino, gives out coupon for food and gambling at the Odawa Casino.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank whiterosez2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Coloma, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I live in Petoskey but have a small apartment, so I have no room for guests. I decided to take a "staycation" with my visiting family and we stayed at Odawa Hotel because it was close by and I heard it has a nice pool.

We were thankful for the welcome cookies, superbly friendly and helpful staff and clean, renovated room with a view of the bay. The breakfast was surprisingly more than we expected. Odawa Hotel is a great value and we highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank FWCCustomerService
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I won a free night stay through a local radio station, we're from traverse city. We arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff, give our room and got some complimentary cookies! Now I'm a fan of free things, I'm used to doing all inclusive vacations in Mexico so anything extra I notice and appreciate. Our room was nice for a standard room on the ground floor, all the standard things you'd expect, tv, coffee maker, tea, ice holder, hair dryer, bath and body products, bla bla bla. There was two or three shuttle busses on rotation going to and from the casino which was nice. Casino was great, small but friendly staff. The next morning is why I'm writing this review. We woke up at 8, made our way to our continental breakfast, which was free, and they had a fabulous variety of breakfast. I'm talking juice, coffee, milk, water, tea, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, english muffins, bagels, breakfast breads and a bunch more. Major shoutout to velma who was the only one restocking, cleaning, saying hello to every person. I'm not a morning person at all but I recommend getting your lazy butt up and visiting velma.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily K
Olivet, Michigan
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We won a free overnight here. The lobby area has a ski lodge feel. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We were there for the casino, and the hotel has a free shuttle that runs generous times, especially on the weekends.
The rooms are clean, neat, not overly large or fancy. The bed was comfortable. There is coffee, a fridge, a television (the reception is sketchy, but hey, we weren't there for the TV!) and more.
We loved the large pool and accompanying hot tub. Very relaxing and clean (it is 5-feet deep and great for lap swimming).
There is a free, simple breakfast of cereals, breads, sweets. Overall, not a paradise but simple, clean, and easy pleasures.
The casino is clean, bright, new with plenty of different slot machines and a few table games. Check the times for the nightclubs and shops before you go - right now, in the "off" season, not every offering is open every day. The buffet was plentiful and featured regular fare. No fancy dishes or desserts. Staff overall was friendly and helpful. We had a nice, relaxing get-away.

Room Tip: We asked to be at the end of the hallway- no room on one side and exit stairway right by the door!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Farwell, MI, USA
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Professional staff, sparkling clean and quiet room, good continental breakfast, convenient shuttle to casino, nice pool and hot tub, wonderfully comfy bed and pillows, good water pressure and no end to the hot water, pretty lobby, mini fridge and big TV. No microwave and windows don't open. Cookies!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdamAndAngie
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Recently stayed at Odawa Hotel for a ski weekend and had a great experience with this hotel. The deal we received with the food & gaming vouchers added to the excitement of trying a new hotel. The breakfast was adequate and the atmosphere was relaxing. Would stay there again if given the chance! Would recommend this hotel for a fun weekend away.

Room Tip: Sleeping with the fan on in the room did drown out the pitter patter of little feet running up and d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FitzFamilyTravels
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've gone to the Odawa several times and I have never been disappointed. The Odawa has everything you need for a great weekend. First of all the hotel is freshly renovated and is very nice. The beds are very cozy and comfortable. The rooms are clean and well maintained. They have a great pool and hot tub for family fun. The staff are professional and very accommodating. On this trip I noticed a plug was loose and told the staff on my way out for the day. When I returned, the plug was fixed. They also have a nice continental breakfast. When you stay at the hotel, you get $25 in casino comps. This includes $10 in slot play, $5 in black jack match play, and a $10 food credit. This is PER DAY. So you get a new package every day you stay. If two people are going, you essentially get back $50 per day. So when the room costs $79, its like paying $29 for the room. This is the best deal I have found for a casino resort.

I've tried all the food options. For 5 star dining, they have The Sage. I had the Filet I have ever had. My friend had the rack of lamb and it was awesome. The wine list is very big and there is a selection for everyone and any budget.

The buffet is also great. When you use your players club and the $10 comp, you can get dinner as low as $7.99. On Saturday, they had prime rib, shrimp, ham, fish, pasta, you name it, they had it. Desserts are also second to none. You will never find another buffet that has this great quality and price ANYWHERE. I've had the breakfast buffet as well and it is great also.

The snack bar is also great. They have fresh sandwiches and a grill. I've tried both of them and again, I am awed by the food. It is top quality food. You can easily get a great sandwich, chips, and a pop for your $10 food voucher.

The Ozone night club is also great. Admittedly, the music is not my favorite (mostly Hip Hop), but the club is packed on weekend nights. There is not another nightclub like this within 150 miles. It is really top notch! The drinks are good and priced right ($3.50 for a 16oz aluminum tall bottle of Bud Light).

I will say, this is an adult destination. After all, it is a casino resort. While the hotel accepts children, travelers should expect that this is an adult place.

So, if you are looking for a weekend getaway that is affordable and tons of fun, check out the Odawa. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends