“Went Over and Above for Us!”
Review of AmericInn Petoskey

AmericInn Petoskey
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Went Over and Above for Us!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

When my brother-in-law wanted to go visit Petoskey and hunt for our state stone, we decided on the Super 8 Hotel and are we glad we did!
Our check-in was quick, our room was nice (except for a small amount of debris on the floor that should have been caught by the cleaning staff, ewww!), and the hotel staff was very friendly. After getting settled we decided to go out to dinner and upon returning to our car, the light came on for our alternator. Sure enough, our car's alternator had stopped working. The staff at the hotel helped us locate some garages to call in the morning. Long story short, we limped the car to a shop and found out that they could not get a new alternator to the shop till the following day! To make matters worse there were no rental cars available in all of Petoskey! My wife talked to the manager, Dan, and after he heard our situation allowed us to use the company truck for the day. This amazing generosity gave us the opportunity to go to the beach and enjoy our one full day in Petoskey. We cannot thank him enough!!! Not only that but we found Petoskey stones and enjoyed some relaxing time at the beach.
Positives: hotel staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered, continental breakfast was awesome with many choices and a large room to accommodate many guests, pool and hot tub are open 24 hours to guests, very quiet despite many young adults in town for a little league tournament, and I slept really well on their mattresses.
Negatives: one small issue with some stuff on the floor.
Overall: I can't thank you all enough for saving our trip and I will tell everyone about how wonderful the manager and the rest of the staff were to us! Great place, in a great location, and I highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On a recent vacation trip to the Petoskey are we chose this Super 8 because of great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were very satisfied with our stay. It's located on Hwy 31 on the south end of town and the bike path is almost across the street. The included breakfast is excellent with a nice variety of food. Internet access was flawless...the place is clean (great houskeeping) and well maintained and the staff is helpful and friendly. They are usually full which is understandable so make a reservation. We had a small problem with our shower handle and air conditioner, things like this can happen. Dan the manager made sure the items were promptly repaired and made a very generous adjustment to our bill for our troubles. He was very acomadating and pleasant to deal with, Super 8 is lucky to have somone who represents the hotel such as he does. This would be my first choice for a hotel next time I visit Petoskey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road and lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Nice hotel overall, but an exceptionally nice accessible room. Large bathroom with roll-in shower and reclining chair with electric lift to assist getting out of chair (see pictures).

Friendly staff, complimentary coffee and fruit at front desk all day. Nice pool and spa. Large, well-staffed breakfast room with good presentation. Very good Wi-Fi. I almost gave this a 4 rating because the mattress was starting to show its age and there was only a tiny awning protecting the entrance from the rainy downpour at my arrival.

Everyone seems to be working hard to make this one of the best Super 8’s in the chain. When I complimented one of the housekeeping staff she told me it was a team effort. Very good hands-on management.

Debby and Dan were both very helpful.

Bloomfield MI
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Have never stayed at a Super 8 but this one was Super! Great view, very clean,very quiet , comfortable beds and great rate for this area. So glad we stayed there and probably will again. Asked for a room with a view and got it. Second floor but no elevator which was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was on a motorcycle camping trip through Northwest Michigan. It started to rain so I had to find better shelter for the night. I found this Super 8 on TripAdvisor and it was highly rated so I made a reservation on my cell phone.
I was extremely pleased to find a really nice room with a reclining chair, quiet a/c and super clean everything. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. The best thing was that they offered a nice buffet breakfast that was really pretty good. Previously I had always chosen Holiday Inn Express because of the free breakfast. But they are starting to get expensive. This Super 8 was just as nice, maybe even better, but I paid less than $100 for a single room.
I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: They do have many handicap rooms, and they gave me one of those even though I am not handicapped. M...
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were here for a wedding and this is where the wedding had a block of rooms, so we stayed here. I can't believe we paid OVER $120 as the SPECIAL RATE at an old poop-hole like this! Don't bother. There are so many cool privately owned places in the area that are so much nicer and less smelly.

Room Tip: Keep your expectations very low
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank amandahugnkiss13
Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here while in Petosky for a wedding at nearby Bay Harbor Village. My room was very clean, which is always a major concern of mine. The staff was incredibly friendly and always made sure to say hello and ask if I needed anything when I passed them in the halls and the lobby. The quality of the continental breakfast was a welcome surprise. When I hear the phrase "continental breakfast" I've come to expect nothing more than dry muffins, cereal, and fruit that's passed its prime. The breakfast at the Super 8 Petosky, however, included hot fresh waffles, hot oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy alongside bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee. I highly recommend this hotel.