“Love this place!!!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I usually have stayed at the Inn at Bay Harbor, but I loved this place! It is so clean and they were even more hospitable here at the Super 8. Stayed here during a ski trip to Boyne. After a snowstorm, they even helped us get our car stuck out of the snow. Great indoor pool and hot tub. Delicious breakfast. Clean, Clean, Clean. Comfortable, spacious rooms. This place was such a pleasant surprise. They know how to treat guests right here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank annie29_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Vestaburg, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place is one of the best places I have stayed in. I travel from Laramie Wy to Mi and this is the best hotel that I have found. The pool was heated to 87 degres and the hot tub was warm too. The rooms were very clean and nice size.The employees were very friendly and answered all the questions about the area. We had 8 kids with us and this place is kid friendly. The breakfast was good also from cold foods to hot foods. Close to the water park too. I would recommed this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joan W
Cheboygan, Michigan, USA
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Due to surprise and heavy snowstorm 2/29/12, we ended up in a deep ditch. After being pulled out, went on our way, but something was definitely wrong with the car. Stopping at a box store around 8:00 p.m. to have things checked, discovered we needed extensive front end work and the car had to be towed to mechanic. Snowstorm started back up and we needed a motel. Super 8 was absolutely wonderful! Their staff was so helpful. Even the manager, Dan Grangood offered to drive us back to Cheboygan to pick up our other car! Clean, spacious room (& bathroom), very comfortable beds & pillows, and the breakfast was delicious with so many items offered, hot & cold! I would highly recommend the Petoskey Super 8 to anyone visiting the Petoskey area.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, request 1st floor rooms on the left wing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Glad R
Ann Arbor
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We just got back from a 3 night trip to the Petoskey Super 8 and could not have been happier with our stay. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, the staff friendly and helpful and the FREE breakfast had everything you needed to start your day out right. We spent our days skiing in Harbor Springs and our nights swimming and sleeping at this great hotel. We were a party of 5 (two adults and child in one room and two adults in a second room) and we all loved our stay. We will definitely be back. The price and amenities were just right.

Room Tip: Our room was 127 and it was at the end of the hall, near the pool and facing the bay. The other coup...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Meesh-in-A2
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family has been going to this Super 8 for years for our annual ski trip. I've stayed at other places prior and I've found the Super 8 to be the best value. Rooms are clean, service is friendly, price is great. Kids love the pool, hot tub is nice and big. Unlike other places where the hot tubs can be small. The continental breakfast is nice too. Located close to downtown and in between Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands. Look forward to staying there again next December. I give the Super 8 10 out of 10.
Clarkston MI
Mike

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Santina M
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Let me say something... I stay at hotels all the time, expensive ones because I am an Executive on an expense account so I stay at Westin's etc... I stayed here with my 2 little kids because we were visiting a friend over Labor Day Weekend. Even my 2 little kids at a high level of skepticism when I said we were staying at a Super 8 (sorry Super 8). NOT THIS ONE! This was the cleanest hotel I ever stayed - it was amazing. I just had to mention it to the Mgr! The B-fast was very good too and the staff ever so friendly. I don't usually take the time to rate stuff but just had to because they deserve it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Peoria
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on many occassions. Never one time on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) would we have rated our entire stay from check in to check out less than a 10. Dan Grangood the manager should be voted the Hotel Manger of the year for ALL hotel chains. He and his staff have always gone beyond what you would expect to find in great hospitality both at check in and each time you leave or enter the hotel. The rooms are always very clean and in great working order. The breakfast is always good and the dining area is always exceptionally clean with a bright smiling hostess (many times including Dad himself making sure you are happy with everything).

Room Tip: Whether a one night stay, or an entire week of vacation, Manager Dan Grangood and his staff will mak...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family