“Most beautiful vintage inn I have ever had the opportunity to stay in.”

Terrace Inn and 1911 Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Petoskey B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I want to thank all of the people who take care of such a beautiful place. The stay was luxurious and the food was outstanding. Will gladly stay at this inn when ever I have the opportunity. Thank you again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at this beautiful Inn recently. Gorgeous rooms, clean and inviting. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Food is amazing! Would be a great venue for weddings, reunions or just a romantic get-away. Love the big fire place in the lobby. Dining room is sensational. Out side porch is comfortable and has beautiful views. Will be frequent guest here when in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed in hot tub room third floor. Beautiful. spacious. gas fire place. i would recommend.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bethomaste
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends. I have always loved the area and got the chance to spend the weekend here. Each room is unique and furnished differently. It was very cozy and I felt right at home! The staff was
Very gracious and helpful! The food was wonderful!! The Inn is kept beautifully maintained and was very clean! I had a wonderful time here and I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We recently spent time at the Inn and enjoyed our stay very much! The Inn is so charming and staff very friendly. The fireplaces in the room and the lobby was an extra bonus! Also, this Inn is close to shopping, dining and all local sightseeing!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've stayed here 3 times now and enjoyed each time. We like the historic character and location. The staff are always helpful. As it's from 1911, it has a few quirks, so if you want to stay somewhere where everything is exactly alike, this place is not for you. The cottage rooms are smaller than most modern hotel rooms as are the bathrooms. That's because it had communal bathrooms until 1987. The higher level rooms are substantially larger. We like the 3rd floor as it's a bit quieter. We like the restaurant too. We've gone in the winter and enjoy sitting in the lobby by the fire with a book and a drink. At least in winter, the coffee pot is always on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryAD
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have to admit I was concerned after reading the negative reviews but now I'm realizing they were unfair. We stayed December 27 and 28, 2013 and LOVED this place. It will always be my first choice when traveling to Petoskey. It is not 4 or 5 star but it has an incredibly rich history, and is beautifully maintained.

At one point it was the Grand Dame of the area shortly after the turn of the century. The staff is delightful and tries very hard to please. The food was delectable (Chicken Hemingway or Planked Whitefish). Many beautiful antiques throughout and the artwork is lovely.

It is so much more than a bed and breakfast, they have 37 rooms all with their own decor and color (we peeked at the other rooms). The breakfast was not pastries and coffee but made to order eggs and pancakes. The price to stay is reasonable if not inexpensive. I have traveled all over the world and would consider Terrace Inn one of my favorites. If you are hard to please and have unreasonable expectations, this is not your place. If I was looking to get married or needed a place for a retreat, I would rent the entire place out and host it here. It would be an event of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite! They have a fireplace, jacuzzi, a little more room... romantic and lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tcmiLee
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Terrace Inn in June. This is an old hotel and our room was small due, I suspect, to installation of a bathroom - which I doubt was an original feature of this room. Still, there was a small closet and, if someone wanted a larger room, they are available for a bit more money. Since we essentially used the room only for sleeping, it was just fine. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The large back porch is ideal for relaxing. We had our bicycles with us and the hotel offered easy access to the Little Traverse Wheelway that connects the towns of Harbor Springs and Charlevoix. The attached restaurant features excellent cuisine. Although the menu items are a bit pricey (strictly a personal opinion), we had one dinner and one breakfast meal there and did not regret our decision. I would be very happy to have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petoskey
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#3 of 15 in Petoskey
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Terrace Inn and 1911 Restaurant? Share your experiences!