“Classic Old Hotel- Enjoyable Place to Stay”

Stafford's Perry Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed one night at the Perry Hotel and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. When we made the reservation, we were told that our room, the least expensive, would be small and we were prepared for the worst but loved what we found. Yes, the room was small but it was so nice that we found it very comfortable (the bathroom was quite sizable). Everyone at the hotel was very nice and accommodating and the location can't be beat, right in downtown Petoskey with a short walk to the shopping and to the waterfront. The only issue was the temperature of the room- you can't control your own heat/ac. Our room was very cold when we returned in the evening and while they did make an adjustment in the temperature for us, it still remained cold through the evening. Other than that, we were extremely satisfied and would love to come back again!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robd
There are newer reviews for Stafford's Perry Hotel

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I really cannot say enough good stuff about this property. It started, pretty much, in the parking lot. I was pulling my bag out of the trunk, and a young man from the hotel walked up and offered to carry my bag. Then, as we approached the front doors, two other guys held the door open for me. What a great way to be greeted! Check in was smooth and the front desk associate filled me in on everything I would need to know about the restaurant, breakfast hours, and location of my room.
My room was #110. I loved it. It wasn’t a frilly flower-filled room that I was worried that I would get, but instead it had a very masculine and classy appeal. The bed looked so comfortable that I immediately plopped down onto it and took a quick nap. The intention of my one-day stay was to have a little escape from my work life and relax a bit, so why not
Eventually, I made my way down to The Noggin Room… what a delightful little restaurant! The bartender Michael made me feel right at home, and we chatted quite a bit, along with another hotel guest. My intentions were to leave and go have dinner at Chandler’s, but I enjoyed my time at the Noggin Room so much that I hung out for quite a while. I highly recommend the Cheezy Crostini!
The hotel location is walking distance from everything you might need in downtown Petoskey.
I slept like a rock that night, and woke up to sunshine and birds chirping. Breakfast was on the front porch, and I enjoyed chatting a bit with both the very efficient waitress and the hostess.
Check out was equally smooth and the desk associate and her manager helped me get some information that I was interested in. He even looked something up on the internet and printed it for me.
All in all, I am impressed with this hotel, the history, the service, and I will always come back. Thank you for such a wonderful experience

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Stefanie C
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I went to this hotel for an anniversary night's stay, and it was fantastic! We were treated like royalty! Loved having breakfast in the fancy dining area! Also, loved the history, and of course the hauntings involved on the property. Nothing paranormal happened, but you can feel like you are taking a step back in time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went up to Petoskey for my niece's wedding. It was a wonderful experience from check in to check out! We were greeted at the front desk, given our keys and offers of letting the staff know whatever we needed they were available to help. The hotel is of the old grand style - nothing that said regular hotel. When we first walked into the room, both beds looked lumpy - though quite honestly evenly lumpy. Came to find it was a special mattress - and it was extremely comfortable. We all met and hung out on the porch, having cocktails. The wedding was spectacular, breakfasts were lovely. Petosdkey had an art fair going on. Overall excellent place! Petoskey has nice shops, a lovely state park beach nearyby. Something for everyone!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the lake and having a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2014

From the moment I spoke to the staff to make my reservation until the moment we walked out the door everything was wonderful. It was enjoyable to walk around the hotel and take in all the history of this beautiful building. The location is perfect for a walk around this beautiful little town, or a stroll on the beach, and if you just want to relax and take in the view, it is perfect for that as well. The smell of fresh (complimentary) popcorn drew us into the Noggin Room Pub where we planned on having a little snack. This turned into a delightful dinner, with so many of the staff being very helpful in pointing us to their favorite menu selections. I will definitely stay again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I will start this review by saying I was in town on business, though I don't think my review would be different if it were a pleasure trip. I enjoyed the easy access parking. I was greeted at the desk by a receptionist who seemed bored to death and who lacked energy for greeting guests. My room, when reached via a very circuitous route, was compact. The desk was so small as to be barely usable; no coffee maker; few lights; and bed post that left bruises on my legs. the room overlooked the road and an office complex. Food in the dining room was unseasoned and bland and not worth the price, even with a coupon. Close proximity to town was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Long story but we ended up here because of an over-booking of a promo elsewhere. The location is perfect for downtown exploring (which we enjoyed) but we usually stay in newer places. This had the feel of a large scale quaint B&B. It's very historic, therefore old with antique type furnishings, creaky floors, thin walls, etc. The rooms did not have their own temp controls and they were quite cool. We did have a flat screen TV (maybe 24') that we had to put on a trash can to see in bed. The bed was very low and extra firm. The bath fixtures/lighting had been updated but the shower head was very low and the towels were very small. Fridge available for $5 per night. Coffee in lobby only. Neat little pub like bar (full service with food) on first floor with entertainment and great popcorn. Nice patio area on bay side. Friendly, helpful staff. Very clean.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms have a nice view, but cost more.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple