“Comfort Inn”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just a quick note on this property. I stayed one night on business travel on July 23. I had booked on line. Property is a couple miles from downtown just off a major roadway so access was not an issue. Property appears well maintained , landscaping and parking lot etc. there was a little wait checking in as the front desk representative was being very helpful to another party . my check in went without a problem, i asked for and received a first floor room. Having watched too many Hotel Impossible shows I found the room to be very clean and orderly, nothing fancy but like the outside of the property well maintained. Neighbors were a little noisy however not so much as to be disruptive. Breakfast was basic but very acecptable. Overall its a good property and appears well maintained and clean. Down side it had no view of the water. Overall a nice property which warrents your consideration if a room with a view is not high on your must halfs

PS
i could not access the wi fi with my phone , not sure if it was me or the hotel connection

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
ManagerMI412, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Hello Fort Wayne travelers! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and give insight to future travelers. We are glad that your stay here suited you well. I am very sorry to hear that you had some internet issues. We are actively investigating this concern so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed for 1 night in July 2014. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. all my requests were met, ie 1st floor, extra towels, and early check in! I am glad that I had read the reviews before staying to find out they do not have an elevator.For Petoskey, this time of year, the price was actually reasonable. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, however the couch had stains on it. I was disappointed in the size of the jaccuzzi as well as that is in the bathroom and not the bedroom, but that turned out okay since I didn't end up using it, except for the shower.

Room Tip: 1st floor if you have a problem with stairs. I found no problem with noise from above me or from the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
ManagerMI412, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

MaryAnne, Your review is much appreciated! We know it takes time out of your life to leave comments for future travelers and that time is valued by the hotel a great deal. We have been doing many upgrades and are still planning future projects. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here in July for one night. It's 7-10 minutes from Petrosky down town but the drive to town is beautiful. The hotel is clean and room was good size. The building is little run down. The dark green color paint in the bathroom was awful. There was a big jacuzzi tub in the room which was great.

The door from lobby to the breakfast area says continental breakfast but it was much better. They had cereal, eggs, sausage, toast, pastry, juice, coffee and pancake. They also had yogurt and fruit. Good breakfast but the area was small and too many tables/chairs.

AC was on and It was hard to figure out how to turn that off and turn the heater on. The heater control was on the wall.

I liked the fact that they had firm pillows and soft pillows. I liked that they had shower cap and make up removal towel, nice details to customers' need.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have some tables and chairs on the patio outside and when the weather is nice we enjoy to look out and see families eating outside and enjoying the beautiful weather. We are anxious to see you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently made Comfort Inn in Petoskey our home for a week while we were in town for a family wedding. I have stayed in Comfort Inn's before that have seemed kind of "sketchy", but, this is the nicest, cleanest Comfort Inn with the nicest employees that I have stayed in. Our room was clean and neat, and I really appreciated the updated bedding. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The water pressure was a little lacking in the shower, but, we didn't let it ruin our day or anything. We enjoyed a nice complimentary breakfast each morning, cookies, tea and coffee in the lobby each day, and had a little fun working on the puzzles in the lobby too! Each employee that I encountered was very friendly, nice, and eager to help if needed. This is a refreshing change from most of the Choice Hotel chain hotels that I have visited. When visiting family in the area again, I won't hesitate to book my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wrcjr98

We can't thank you enough for your business, as well as your kind comments following your stay. We understand there are many choices in the Petoskey area and we want you to know how much we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Exceptional service is one of our mantras and we're so glad you were able to experience it. Hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My 14 year old and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Petoskey for one night while visiting my aunt who lives locally. The hotel has a bit of a dated feel to it but the bathrooms are updated and the 2 queen bed room is large and has a huge flat screen TV.

The AC for the room is a window unit - kept the room very cold and ran at an constant and non-intrusive noise level. The beds were comfortable. I did not hear noises from other guests or from the street.

The Comfort Inn is located near a McDonalds and the La Seniorita Mexican restaurant. We had dinner at the La Seniorita which was good.

We stayed in a second floor room - the Comfort Inn does not have an elevator - so you should request 1st floor room if possible. The breakfast was exactly what you would expect - no better and no worse: dry cereals, oatmeal, small pastries and muffins, waffle maker, eggs and sausages. Coffee was good.

There is no onsite laundry. I needed to do laundry so this was disappointing.

The price for the room was reasonable. If I come back to Petoskey, I will likely stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator - get a 1st floor room. The exit doors to the outside slam - so don't get a room o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ManagerMI412, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your review and your time detailing your experience. I am happy that our location worked well for you and you did not have to travel far for dinner.
We are continuing to make improvements to the hotel as often as we can. We get as excited as our guests when a job is completed.
Thank you again for your review. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were scrambling to change hotels at the last minute and Kellie was most helpful in securing a room for us immediately. She went above and beyond to check us in promptly and to accommodate our request for a first floor room due to physical limitations. GREAT customer service. We would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Melissa R

Thank you so much for your review and the wonderful kind comments about our hotel. So many people love reading other people's stories to help them get a good feel for where they should potentially stay. Every day is a different guest and a different story. Thank you for sharing yours! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We needed to change rooms because the bath tub in the room we initially had was a whirlpool although the room was outfitted for handicapped accessibility. The front desk staff bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. This is the fourth time we have stayed at this Comfort Inn and have enjoyed each stay. The rooms are large enough to be comfortable for 3 or 4 nights. The housekeeping is the best I've ever experienced. They clearly do "deep cleaning" of the rooms from time to time and the entire building is very well maintained. The location is convenient to both Petoskey and Harbor Springs and near several very good restaurants. Breakfast includes tasty hot sausages and scrambled eggs as well as an assortment of pastries, bagels, waffles, etc. all of which is efficiently maintained by a cheerful lady who has been working there for several years.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ml W
ManagerMI412, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate when our guests take the time to let us and others know how we are doing. I will share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. Our breakfast attendants work hard and takes great pride in the level of service they provide our guests. We truly value your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.