“Good food but very misleading menu”

The Side Door Saloon
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Petoskey
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We provide great service, food and beverages delivering a quality experience comfortable for families, friends and sports fans in a friendly environment.
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Watch what you order! The 5pm-10pm at the top for dinner comes with an extra price without telling you. When I asked about it after I got the bill, the waitress said she would check. When she came back she reiterated that the manager said their menu was wrong and did nothing about it! It was good food, but because of that I will not be going back. That really left a bad taste in my mouth!

8  Thank kjn31

Reviewed September 24, 2009

The other reviews are correct, this place is great! This is not "bar food", it doesn't smell like a bar, and it's not "bar service." We had eaten the night before in Traverse city (see my sleder's review) and we were feeling a little "gun shy" about trying another new place. I'm so glad we did. It was busy (6:00 Wen. night), but our waitress was very friendly and prompt. We had the steak quesadilla and a burger. They were both awesome. We're trying to think of when we can back to the area to eat here again. The prices are also very reasonable and the portions were enough to fill us up. I can't say enough good things about this place from start to finish. BTW, we are both non-smokers. I don't know if this is all non-smoking or if they just have really good air filters, but The Side Door Saloon had absolutely no smoke odor at all. It was like a very nice non-smoking restaurant, with a bar. lol It's a bar, but it's not! Go and have a good time!

Reviewed September 1, 2009

This is a great place to gather with friends.
Small, but cozy, (not cramped) atmosphere
The menu is creative with much more than "bar food" The Giant Pretzel is awesome, the wraps are incredible, and the creative drink menu is hilarious. There are specials that include prime rib, even lobster....... You can get a souvenier frog glass (their trademark) and they even serve shots on a ski. But, even if you just want a good meal and a glass of wine, you'll not be disappointed. Thumbs up....all the way!

1  Thank suitcase_will_travel
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We came across this little restaurant while sitting in the hotel, reading the area's dining guide. It had a great looking menu and we were not in the mood for formal dining. It's a casual , saloon type bar. It had a friendly neighbourhood bar feel to it. What made it unique to us, was the menu. Apearantly those around us were there for their delicious looking burgers. We had the blackened Ahi Tuna (delicious) and the lobster stuffed ravioli with lobster saffron cream sauce. Yummy!
The only reason I am not giving this restaurant a perfect score, was because they served the food on cold plates which made the food a little cold. But We were still really impressed by the little bar with the big taste. Great service to boot. I'll definately go there again next time I'm up in Petoskey skiing.

2  Thank allsandy