“I Have Had Better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Side Door Saloon

The Side Door Saloon
Ranked #12 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We provide great service, food and beverages delivering a quality experience comfortable for families, friends and sports fans in a friendly environment.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Have Had Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a friend of mine and I was really disappointed! The sign at the time bragged about being some of the best food in town. I was upset to learn that they didn't serve french fries. The waitress was the best part of my experience, She was cute and attentive and very easy on the eyes. This still didn't make up for the fact that the food wasn't good enough to take what food I hadn't eaten home with me.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Booda3785

“Awesome Olive Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant was close to Stafford's Bay View Inn so it was convenient. This is a saloon type establish but it was clean and quiet when we were there. I would imagine it's different when it's crowded. The waitress was stand offish at first but warmed up after we talked with her for a few minutes. The olive burger was great.

If you use a GPS to get here, you will end up somewhere close to the fair grounds. I had to call to get directions and it ended up to be less than a mile from the hotel. The hostess advised that they have been trying to get the directions changes on the GPS.

I would definitely go here is you want good food, decent prices, and a varied menu.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lakelovinglady
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Whitefish in Petoskey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

When we "googled" for the Best Whitefish in Petoskey and came up with this establishment we were a little leary. But, we like Saloons so what the heck. We drove by one evening and the parking lot was packed ( a clue). The next night we headed over and had two different preparations of the white fish. Both were outstanding. One was the special (pistachio encrusted) and the other was on the menu (capers, tomatoes, etc.) The service was great! The manager was very attentive and appreciated our comments. We heard later from some locals that the "burgers" are great! We went on a night when the wine was half price. Great Deal!
We had meals that were triple the price on this trip that couldn't hold a candle to this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stillwater54
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
“Great atmosphere but poor food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Unfortunately the service was poor and the food was below average. The atmosphere and the man at the door seating were great!!!! But the waitress seemed "too busy" for us, even though we, the guests, are the only reason she works there! The beer was great but the appetizer and salad and sandwich we shared were things I could put together at home. I have had better salads at Wendy's! I might go back and try something else on the menu but what we had was bad.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mary B
Jersey Shore
“Excellent Locals Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Side Door was packed when we arrived and there were people waiting when we left. Their hamburgers looked awesome but we chose the fish which was also excellent. Atmosphere is neat. Only downfall was that it had a small menu but the quality of food was very good.

Visited July 2012