“Fantastic food and great people”
Review of Julienne Tomatoes

Julienne Tomatoes
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
“Fantastic food and great people”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My fiancé's family first brought me to julienne tomatoes about 4 years ago raving about how great the food was. That was in itself an understatement. Not only is the food amazing, fresh and local, the feel of the refreshed old building and the service were all wonderful. I've met both Julie and Tom and they are just the nicest people. We are now weekend regulars, every time we are in the area it is a must for breakfast or lunch!

Howell, Michigan
“Delicious!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The sandwiches were great and the employees were very helpful and pleasant.

• Visited May 2011
Pueblo, Colorado
“They catered our entire summer vacation and made me look like genius.”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We organized a family gathering near Harbor Springs in August and at one point it was looking like it would be a nightmare for my wife. The reunion was for my side of the family so we rented a big house and after we figured out who would attend we realized that the only person capable of cooking for the group would be my wife. We didn't want to eat out every meal but I didn't want my wife to be stuck in the kitchen for the entire vacation. So, after searching TripAdvisor, I found Julienne Tomatoes and their catering menu. I proposed that we have the entire week catered, arguing that this would allow us to relax without thinking about where our food would come from. Plus, the cost wouldn't be significantly higher than eating out several times plus trips to the grocery store. Might have been my best idea ever. We ate incredibly well all week. We picked up food every couple of days and they delivered once or twice for a few bucks extra. Fresh fruit, breads, pastries for breakfast - maple bars were my favorite; delicious homemade mac & cheese, Mediterranean platter, chicken pot pie, chicken marsala for lunch/dinner. The lasagna was amazing. Fresh salads which they took care to segregate so we could eat some every night for a few nights without wilting the lettuce. Wonderful greek salad dressing. Desserts were incredible! I can't wait to go back to Petoskey to get some mixed berry pie. The only thing better than the food were Julie and Tom and their staff. They bent over backward to make sure that everything was perfect for us. They couldn't have been nicer. So, everyone kept telling me what a great idea it was and asking how did I ever find such a great place? Made me look like a genius. I would highly recommend that you treat the cook in your family to a week off while you're on your next vacation and let Julie and Co do the cooking instead. I can't wait for our next trip up north so I can make a beeline for Julienne Tomatoes!

• Visited August 2010
ann arbor
“quintessential village lunch stop with spot-on service and tasty, locally sourced and made from scratch food.”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

A gem of a breakfast and lunch stop. One visit and we're family now. Julie & Jerry (model, warm and attentive hosts), and among others, Heidi (Cordon Bleau trained pastry chef!) created a menu, with daily specials, suiting every palate - including for those with gluten and lactose sensitivities. Excellent bread selections and the ham and brie sandwich was splendid. Squash soup could have been more flavorful (chicken broth, onion and a little fresh ginger or curry?) and less like pureed squash. But, the Fresh Fruit Torta finished the meal - and hit the high notes! Kudos to the whole crew and kitchen.

Sharon, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding service, fantastic food and friendly servers!”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Delicious healthy choices and friendly, responsive servers.