We just got back home from a short vacation to Petoskey, MI. , where we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hwy. 131. We were initially disappointed in the location, as we were told this hotel was only a few walking blocks from the downtown area. Its definitely much further than that, and with the huge hill you would have to get back up, a walk to downtown is not recommended. We are Platinum Members, and were acknowledged as such at check in. Our room was not ready on arrival, but the hotel called us to let us know when it was. We were on the 5th floor, which had a nice view, but the balconies are too small and our neighbor's had stuff piled all over their balconies, making it pretty messy looking. When we tried to sit outside, we were interrupted by talkative neighbors, as the balconies are extremely close to each other. Also, it took our water at least 4 minutes running to get warm. Our bathroom sink drained extremely slow. Adequate parking was not available, and it was a daily battle to get a spot. There was a noticeable difference in the staff the day after we checked in. They were wonderfully warm when we arrived, but the weekend staff was cold and distant, and the level of professionalism definitely dropped. The breakfast area was a mess, and we watched 2 staff members ignore it. There was at least 10 inches of pancake batter piling up, and then spilling everywhere. The staff members laughed about it, but did nothing. Pool area has a nice view, but the area is worn looking and needs work. Must go get towels from front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petoskey, MI Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Little Traverse Bay.This new hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 131 and offers easy access to ski resorts, golf courses, casino, wineries and beautiful Petoskey beaches: home to Michigan's state gem, the Petoskey stone. Your family can enjoy a stay at our Petoskey accommodations with an ideal location near the Bay Harbor Marina, Kilwin's Quality Confections Tours, Raven Hill Discovery Center and Michigan's largest indoor water park, Avalanche Bay. Petoskey is also home to the Gaslight Shopping District and the Odawa Casino.Business travelers enjoy our hotel in Petoskey because of its convenient location near businesses such as Manthei, H&D, Wal-Mart and Northern Michigan Hospital. Several world-class golfing venues, like Crooked Tree and Bay Harbor, are within six miles of our hotel in Petoskey, MI. Free high-speed Internet access and faxing services are offered for your convenience.Our excellent Petoskey hotel facilities offer you upscale amenities including private balconies, a fitness center, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool & dry sauna and a free stretch-limousine shuttle from 3 - 11 PM, with service to all area attractions within a 10-minute radius. Wake up to the fabulous views of Bear River Valley and Little Traverse Bay. Book your stay in Petoskey, MI today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Express Petoskey
- Petoskey Holiday Inn