“MIXED REVIEWS”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just got back home from a short vacation to Petoskey, MI. , where we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hwy. 131. We were initially disappointed in the location, as we were told this hotel was only a few walking blocks from the downtown area. Its definitely much further than that, and with the huge hill you would have to get back up, a walk to downtown is not recommended. We are Platinum Members, and were acknowledged as such at check in. Our room was not ready on arrival, but the hotel called us to let us know when it was. We were on the 5th floor, which had a nice view, but the balconies are too small and our neighbor's had stuff piled all over their balconies, making it pretty messy looking. When we tried to sit outside, we were interrupted by talkative neighbors, as the balconies are extremely close to each other. Also, it took our water at least 4 minutes running to get warm. Our bathroom sink drained extremely slow. Adequate parking was not available, and it was a daily battle to get a spot. There was a noticeable difference in the staff the day after we checked in. They were wonderfully warm when we arrived, but the weekend staff was cold and distant, and the level of professionalism definitely dropped. The breakfast area was a mess, and we watched 2 staff members ignore it. There was at least 10 inches of pancake batter piling up, and then spilling everywhere. The staff members laughed about it, but did nothing. Pool area has a nice view, but the area is worn looking and needs work. Must go get towels from front desk.

Room Tip: 5th floor was extremely noisy and hot water hard to come by.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim T
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

As a Platinum Priority Club member, I usually stay in several different Holiday Inns per week while on business.

I'm guilty of not writing as many reviews as I should; the hotel has to be really good or really bad. This hotel falls into the former category.

I checked in late at night and got a room that was of extremely good value for what I paid, and I didn't even have the coupon that others have mentioned! My king mini suite is immaculate, with both a whirlpool tub and a fireplace in the room, along with a full-sized fridge and other amenities. The balcony has a beautiful view of the valley.

I liked the room so much that I went downstairs and asked if it was available a second night. It was.

This afternoon when I was going out to lunch, I mentioned to the service desk that the air conditioner had started rattling this morning. Not a big deal to me, but the maintenance man was standing by and said he would take a look at it.

When I came back, he saw me in the hall and told me that he had replaced the cover to the A/C. While he was there, he checked the batteries in my TV remote, found them to be weak and replaced them. He found a couple of scuffs in the paint and touched them up, and placed a rubber bumper for my door. How is that for service?

I truly wish I could stay longer, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank SusanH824
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a 15% off coupon from the Chicago Travel Show for the Holiday Inn & Suites in Petoskey so I gave them a call when we were planning a trip up that way. I initially spoke to Ronny who was, by far, the most welcoming, friendliest person I've ever encountered on the phone with a hotel. When we arrived a few weeks later, he had maps for us along with tons of suggestions on things to do in the area. He even told us where to hunt for Petoskey stones and helped us identify some after we got back. Marjoree was also incredibly welcoming and helpful and, after we described what we were looking to eat for dinner, she recommended the perfect place for us. The courtesy limo was awesome - and the breakfast in the morning hit the spot. The entire place AND staff is top notch and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Last minute decision to stay, we pulled in and viewed a room. Very clean, updated, and comfortable. Valley view is beautiful. Homey touch with warm cookies and fruit for the health conscious traveler. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rico - thank you for everything! Great job!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee T
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel was nice and clean, just what I have come to expect from the Holiday Inn brand. Perfect place for sleeping after a long day! The staff jumps at whatever needs you have. Also, the limo is a nice touch (courtesy).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yachtsman1304
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a King Executive Suite for the Saturday of the holiday weekend. We were given a valley view room on the 5th floor (the top floor), with a beautiful view of the rolling valley behind us and an enticing view of Little Traverse Bay to the left off the balcony. Very relaxing stay, although we could hear the neighbor's conversation, so maybe the walls are a little thin. But I highly recommend this hotel! Breakfast was crowded in the morning (wedding party and sports tournaments were held this weekend), but the food was good and plentiful and the option to sit outside on a sunny morning for breakfast was relaxing!

Room Tip: Top floor, with a valley view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lvgal61
Marjaree F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are very lucky to have the beautiful view that we have and we hope that you can come back and enjoy it again this season!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a business traveler, I am frequently in hotels. I must say this is my favorite hotel! When I come through the door Nancy knows my name and is always warm and welcoming. She helps me with all my needs and answers my questions. It is a very clean and comfortable place to stay. Ask for the Valley View side and you won't be disappointed. Happy travels!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business