“Be careful of cxl policies if driving in winter weather!You will pay!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Avon Lake
“Be careful of cxl policies if driving in winter weather!You will pay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked a reservation here two weeks ago. It was the weekend of one of the massive
ice storms that impacted travel from Ohio all the way up through Michigan.
Due to a delay because of the ice and road conditions we did not make it to the hotel
for our one night stay enroute to a meeting further north. I called both Priorty Club service and
the Manager and neither were willing to refund our full one night deposit. The most they would
offer is a credit to stay at the hotel in the "reasonable future". I live 7 hours away and do not have reason to travel anywhere near this area on a regular or future basis. I get that there is a policy but given the extreme icey weather and multi-car pile-ups that week in that state and nearby - you'd think they could be a little more reasonable. I was only asking for my one night deposit back! This helps me make a final decision about whether to patronize any Holiday Inn property in the future. A general Holiday Inn credit for anywhere in the US would have been reasonable!!!

Room Tip: If you're travelling in the winter weather and will only be there for one night, don't book...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bonevoyage
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear bonevoyage,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Petoskey.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Marysville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nancy Dingman made our day. We visited several hotels in Petoskey then stopped at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We were greeted by Nancy that had all the right answers to questions that were on our minds about where to stay, what to do in town, etc. My wife and I chuckled about the fact that she could say what we were thinking. Oh yes one more thing...we realized it was snowy out side and as we left the HIE Nancy asked: "Do I need you to call me when you get home safely?" We laughed all the way to our next destination. She is so funny.
The room was excellent. The jacuzzi was nice and warm on that cold winter day, as we enjoyed our mini honeymoon and winter get-a-way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim760
brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is hard to find a good room in Petoskey, unless you like old style Bed and Breakfasts or cottages. Most hotels are older and have twin beds. Skiers also are hard on hotel rooms because of their equipment, I guess. This is a New hotel about a mile out of town on the main drag of fast food places and strip malls. That sounds bad but it is on a hill overlooking a beautiful valley vista. From the rear rooms you would never know all that stuff is out front It has King bed rooms and feels new and clean , which a lot of places in Petoskey do not. The newest Casino is right there and they give you vouchers, at the check in, for food and wagers. This is a Holiday Inn, so its not a vacation experience but if you are looking for a clean affordable room for the night, this hotel is the best non-beach type place I have staid at in this town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the Hotel have a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank douglascraid
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sincerest compliments to the extra service granted to my family by Nancy Dingman, Donna Howard & Megan. We received top notch service even before we had a family emergency. All these fine women did was kick it up a notch and help us get through a difficult situation. Would like to thank you again and just say there is no better place to stay in Petoskey.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool and elevators are quiter when high school ski teams are training.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Timothy M
rural michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip and had a very good experience. As others have written the outside is beautiful and the room was nice as well. The things that are important to me are cleanliness, comfort and convenience. This hotel provided all of those. The room was immaculate with plenty of good sized towel, not those tiny thin ones you sometimes see. The bed and pillows were comfortable, although my personal preference is a slightly softer mattress. There is an in room refrigerator and coffee maker. Had I needed them, it would have been great. So often I'm staying for a couple nights somewhere and want a refrigerator for drinks, etc. I used the pool and spa and they were also clean. The water was nice and the spa wasn't too hot. The floor around the pool was quite slick however, and I nearly fell. My only complaint is that the fan in the bathroom made a clicking noise while in the off position. I mentioned it before going to the pool and they said he would look at it while I was there. When I got back to the room, I did hear it click once then fell asleep. I woke later and heard it clicking again which was mildly disturbing.

Some other things I liked about the hotel was the complimentary limo service you could use to go anywhere in a 3 or so mile radius. I didn't use it, but was nice if you needed it. They also would deliver your breakfast to you if you desired. I didn't see any cost involved, but again, didn't use it. Oh.. and I felt breakfast was over too soon - 9:30 a.m.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for anyone whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank galenight01
Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have nothing but good things to say regarding this stay. The staff was excellent, very helpful with recommendations. Room was clean and up to date. Bed was very comfortable. The view overlooking the valley was gorgeous. Only complaint is I listened to the person in the room next to us snore all night,,,,the walls are pretty thin.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the valley.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cheesynurse
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed for three nights in a two bedroom presidential suite. It must have been named for one of our worst presidents. The outside of the hotel looks great. It is relatively new and impressive. The rooms are marginal at best. Our suite had a tiny common area with a mini-kitchenette. There was not even a table, so I am puzzled as to why they bothered with a kitchenette. All of the finishes were constructed from the cheapest materials possible. The plaid carpet from 1979 was a particularly tacky touch. The one redeeming quality was the enormous master suite bath. It was almost too large.The workout room was hot and consisted of three pieces of equipment.The breafast area in the lobby was decent size and the free breafast was okay. There is NO sound insulation so be prepared to hear every noise all night long. The staff was friendly. It is right across from the casino, so prepare to share the hotel with busloads of only the classiest people. There is no Petoskey charm for this overly-priced motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends