“Great location, and quality for the affordable price”
Review of Days Inn Petoskey

Days Inn Petoskey
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My mom and I came to Petoskey to spend a couple of days on vacation during the busy summer season the week of the 4th. Finding a hotel at an affordable price in the area was a challenge. After much online searching, I settled on the AmericInn because it had a pretty good overall rating and the price was under $100/night, while most other mid-level hotels were upwards of $160 during the week. I admit I was a bit nervous, not having stayed at this hotel chain before. When we arrived, the property looked great and was in a convenient location near downtown. The front desk lady was the nicest, most welcoming staff person that I've ever met. She really set my mind at ease. When we went to our hotel room, we were really pleased with the look and cleanliness of it. I slept great for two nights, the hot continental breakfast wasn't the best ever, but was adequate and the waffles were great. The entire hotel staff we met were very nice and the hotel really is kept clean and nice. I'll be staying there again when I return to Petoskey.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the reviews. When we arrived it looked alright but once we got in the room we discovered black hairs in the tub and on several of the towels in the bathroom. The next morning we went down for breakfast and were disappointed with only having toast and waffles. No fruit, cereal, or hot food. The tables had not been cleaned with hot water as the syrup from the little boy that ate there 3 years ago was on the bottom of my arm. Probably will choose another location in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay here. My wife was a little concerned about the quality of the hotel, but once she saw the room her mind was changed about the quality of AmericInn Hotels. In fact she was already looking for other hotels to stay at.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

advertised breakfast was lame, food selections were not as advertised, eggs were powdered, usually missing either juice or breakfast bars, old fruit, cleanliness of bathroom not good - water stains, paint drips, dirty mirrors, mattress and pillows were too soft, mattress too thin to keep fitted bottom sheet on during the night

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the AmericInn of Petoskey Friday night July 4, 2014. We had never stayed there before and I booked it on-line. I am from the (you know) "older" generation so that always makes me a little nervous. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived and the hotel was just as nice as it looked like it would be. The staff was friendly and more than willing to help and answer questions. We will definitely stay there again. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bakerst46
Reviewed July 2, 2014

OK location. View of lake was very limited. Extremely limited breakfast items available at 8:30 a.m. and no seating available. No hot water for shower. TV not functioning properly. Front desk clerk Friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rhinogal
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Pool area is not acceptable and rooms are nothing too great either. Breakfast is warmed up eggs and stale cereal for the most part. Not impressed. The staff however was very friendly and were accommodating as they could be.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family