“Beautiful wooden bar....”

Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: City Park Grill, one of Petoskey’s oldest buildings, was originally constructed in 1875. McCarty Hall, as it was then known was a malesonly billiard parlor that offered cigars and “intoxicating beverages.” Today, City Park Grill maintains a loyal clientele with house-made cuisine, focusing on locally procured produce, meats and lake fish, an awardwinning wine collection and house-made biscuits straight from the oven
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,388 helpful votes
“Beautiful wooden bar....”
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Recently had lunch here. Great location, beautiful bar. Service was efficient, basically friendly. Food was good. My only complaint: They had 5 lunch specials the day we visited, and they were out of 3 of them by 1:30 PM-I do not consider this acceptable, considering they are in a resort town, and a very popular restaurant. And of course, we wanted 2 of the 5 lunch specials! Anway, their burgers/soup are very good. Big wine list. One suggestion: the young female hostess needs to stop admiring herself in the mirror opposite the bar-she did this each time she passed us, and we finally turned around to see what she was looking at-herself obviously (lol), in a mirror that was on the wall directly behind us. Overall a good place to eat.

3 Thank tymetraveler222

Bay City, MI
“a memorable place to eat”
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I do upper end catering and am usually very critical of restaurant food. I could find nothing wrong at CPG. I was impressed by the waitstaff (our server was knowledgable about the history of the building and the food), the decor and astonished by the food. It was a taste delight. I can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes. Cudo's to the owners, chef and staff.

6 Thank cjBayCity
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed April 25, 2005

I'm a local who has been there many, many times and have yet to be disappointed at CPG. They have a great selection on the menu, something for everyone and nice atmosphere. They have entertainment on the weekends. Check them out at ----

16 Thank laini619