“Great food and service!”
Review of City Park Grill

City Park Grill
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: City Park Grill, one of Petoskey’s oldest buildings, was originally constructed in 1875. McCarty Hall, as it was then known was a malesonly billiard parlor that offered cigars and “intoxicating beverages.” Today, City Park Grill maintains a loyal clientele with house-made cuisine, focusing on locally procured produce, meats and lake fish, an awardwinning wine collection and house-made biscuits straight from the oven
Reviewed July 28, 2013

While visiting Petoskey, this place was recommended for my husband's birthday and it was a great choice. Every part of the meal was so tasty and enjoyable. I had the large shrimp which had a nice light breading and was great with the delicious cocktail sauce. The garlic mashed potatoes were some of the best I've had. Just an excellent meal. And the service was outstanding. Our waiter was so enjoyable and added to the experience. We will be back if we are in the area.

1  Thank antiquetravelers

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went in and ordered take out at the bar. The bartender was friendly and helpful. Ordered the perch dinner. It was amazing! The tarter sauce was good. It tasted homemade. Did not care for the coleslaw, it was chopped too fine and too much sauce.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here on Monday night and it was slow, at first. Then the crowd started to build. l think I had the best Fish & Chips of my life here. My husband really enjoyed his salmon salad too. And the french onion soup was fantastic. Our server was quite attentive. We had a 7 year old with us, who can be a handful, but it wasn't so stuffy that we felt out of place here. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

After finishing an afternoon trip to Petoskey, we needed a place to eat dinner. So I asked someone in one of the stores where to eat. She recommended the City Park Grill within walking distance of the shopping block. We arrived around 5 PM and had no wait at all. We were seated near the bar which dates back to the 1880's and itself has some character. We were quickly served by our waiter who was not only prompt in service, but very knowledgeable about the menu. Our appetizer was a curry coconut shrimp which was very good! In place of a salad I ordered the Cajun gumbo soup which was also excellent. For the main course, we were advised that the whitefish is the way to go. And it was! My wife, who usually doesn't enjoy fish of any kind couldn't stop eating hers, and has been commenting about that meal ever since. I ordered the Walleye, also a fresh catch from Lake Michigan, but it just wasn't as good as the whitefish. We were very pleased with finding this restaurant with no advance notice or tip-off. I am sure that such reflects a top notch chef, so I sure hope that he/she stays until I can visit again! We loved the food, loved the place, and loved the server! As an aside, we were also told that Ernest Hemingway would frequent this place as a younger and less famous man. He would sit at the second barstool from the left end. His photo hangs above the bar, just near where he sat.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place gets super busy on the weekends, so be prepared to wait. Itcan also get pretty loud in the resturant. It is a great p, ace to sit at the bar or have a delicous meal. I have been here many times and the service is usually oretty good and the food is always exvellent. If you stay at the Stafford Perry it is also a close walk.