“Great Food, excellent experience”
Review of City Park Grill

City Park Grill
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: City Park Grill, one of Petoskey’s oldest buildings, was originally constructed in 1875. McCarty Hall, as it was then known was a malesonly billiard parlor that offered cigars and “intoxicating beverages.” Today, City Park Grill maintains a loyal clientele with house-made cuisine, focusing on locally procured produce, meats and lake fish, an awardwinning wine collection and house-made biscuits straight from the oven
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Always a MUST on our stops in Petoskey. The food is great and service is excellent. A bit on the pricey side but well worth it. We enjoyed a cocktail special by taking advantage of an early dinner.

There are newer reviews for City Park Grill

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were seated in the bar area which was pretty cool. It had tin ceilings and carved woodworking which were very interesting. A picture of Ernest Hemingway hangs above the bar, apparently a favorite hangout of his. The service from Amanda was terrific. The sweet drop biscuits that were delivered to the table warm from the pan were an unexpected hit with both my husband and I.

I chose the special, wild mushroom and potato hash filet which was excellent. My husband had the grilled fresh salmon which he also thought was excellent. For dessert, we chose the raspberry cake. Absolutely yummy - I usually don't like frosting, but I'd have licked the plate if we weren't in a nice restaurant (and no, I don't usually do that either).

I'd recommend the City Park Grill in a heartbeat. If we didn't live in Colorado, it would definitely be a favorite place to visit.

2  Thank cziegler
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We've ate at the Park Grill a few times. Each time I was hoping to fall in love with something tasty, so we would want to return. After 4-5 times of so-so food we decided not to return.The food is not terrible, but not good or outstanding. They should charge less or make the dishes taste better. There are much more tastier options to eat at in Petoskey.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Hamburgers were bland. The Buffalo wings were so bad we had to send them back. Very little ambiance in the large dining room. I felt like we were in a cafeteria. Skip this place.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Here's the deal... When we first escorted to our table, I was impressed with the charm and history of the place. There was a lot of carved woodwork and a beautiful bar and tin ceilings... A little dark, but seemed nice. Hostess seated us at a table next to a high window, and the server came and took our drink order. After getting our drinks and looking over the menu, we had a several minute wait before the server came back to take our order - and as we looked around we noticed that the windowsill (about 18" above the table surface and about 8" deep) was covered with dust and dead bugs - yuck! So that didn't give us a real good feeling about the cleanliness of the restaurant. The food was OK (I had potato crusted whitefish, my husband had steak). My side dish was cold though - it didn't taste bad, but it was cold. And this girl walked around with these biscuits - but she only gave each diner one (never came back). It was just weird. Service was also slow... We weren't in a big hurry or anything, but it took over 1/2 hour to get our food after placing our order and it took nearly 20 minutes between getting our drinks and the server coming back to take our order. Honestly, it wasn't terrible, but for the price it wasn't worth it.