“Great brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

American Spoon Cafe
Ranked #26 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I worked here a long time ago, and went back for brunch this summer. It's only gotten better! We ended up going back a second time one week later.

The menu is a little simpler than I remember, but I think the quality is even higher than before. I got the huevos rancheros the first time. Not a massive portion, but phenomenal flavor. Very unique. The second time, I got the breakfast sandwich. Insanely good. I would get either of those again.

My wife got the house-smoked whitefish benedict the first time and the honey and ricotta pancakes the next. She still raves about both.

Service can be a bit slow and portions are not huge, but those are the only potential drawbacks, depending on what you're looking for. The staff is engaging and classy, the atmosphere feels upscale (yet you won't feel out of place wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt), and the overall experience is always very satisfying.

Other bonuses:

They make their own gelato and sorbetto, which is the best I've had. Lighter, yet richer, compared to other American gelato I've had. You can stop in just for this, if you like.

The coffee and espresso drinks are very good.

They now serve alcohol. We didn't do any drinking when we were there, but the drink menu looked intriguing.

You can spend some time next door at the American Spoon retail store, sampling jams, salsas, and other awesome stuff. Their products are expensive, but extremely good.

Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Great ice cream, but great other stuff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had the ice cream but the bar for after hours looks good too. So does the rest of the menu. You should try it.

• Visited August 2014
Vail, Colorado
“Go ToPlace fo Summer Brunch/Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

One of my favorite lunch spots in Petoskey. The cocktails are creative and delicious, I always go with their house mimosa, it comes with a scoop of the blood orange gelato (I think that's the flavor)....CAN'T go wrong with that, The whitefish sandwich is a fabulous Northern Michigan specialty and the outside seating is limited but perfect for a small group of friends.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fenton, Michigan
“Great place to snack and get good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I LOVE the cherry jam here! I put it on top of cream cheese and serve it with crackers. It is like a little piece of heaven! Great samples to try too!

Visited July 2014
STAFFORD
“Great Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had their maple pecan gelato and it was delicious. Wasn't able to eat at the cafe, seemed they were closing. Hopefully next time we're up there we'll get a chance to have a meal. But their gelato was great.

Visited July 2014