“Best bike path I've ever ridden”

Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Petoskey
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Little Traverse Wheelway is what I would call a perfect ride. Mostly level or easy grade, stunning scenery, a variety of types of views, and some good places to stop for picnics, ice cream, and parks and even a history museum.

There are newer reviews for Little Traverse Wheelway

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Ride miles...mostly flat. Beginner to serious. Kids are fine-wear your helmet : ) Mostly secluded and away from traffic. Just do it!

1  Thank Wife2Foodie
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I live right next to a beautiful bike trail....Dodge Park in Sterling Heights, Mi, I admit I'm spoiled. The Little Traverse Wheelway has got to be what the bike trails in Heaven are like! The views are so breathtaking they are hard to absorb. At times I would just stop and stand to soak it in to remember on a cold winter day. Yes, THAT pretty. If you enjoy bike riding, you will love this trail.

1  Thank Burbary
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lovely view, nicely maintained (even passed a person operating a leaf blower in the fall), you can take it all the way to Charlevoix or beyond if you want to.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wow, I'm not a huge biker, so I was a bit nervous that this would be a bumpy ride. Not at all, hilly at times but the gorgeous views will make you quickly forget that you're getting a workout. This trail is amazing, I miss it already. There was a lot of work and money put into this and it is used and greatly appreciated. Wish I lived there so I could ride daily.