Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Lansing, Michigan
“Wow”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here the first night of a two-day snowmobile trip, and it was extremely enjoyable. Had to drive around a bit to find the registration desk, but once discovered the staff was great. Found the building with my room in it and, loaded down with luggage and equipment, had to navigate a tricky card reader just to get in the door - understandable plastic shield with the strong freezing wind off the bay. Elevator is one of the slowest I have ever encountered, and had to walk along an open and cold balcony area to get to my room. But once inside, it was well worth the wait. Very warm and welcoming room, the beds were incredibly comfortable. Took quite a while for the hot water to get hot, and the valance over the door let a great deal of light flow into the room, right on the bed, in fact. Overall good experience, great staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I made a reservation at Bay Harbor Village from August 26th through September 1, 2013. We also rented a slip at the Bay Harbor Marina because we were also bringing our boat on this vacation. When we arrived to check into the room I asked the hotel representative if there was a refrigerator in the room, for which she informed me that the room did not have a refrigerator. Once we entered the room (a small room with no window) we immediately noticed that there was a refrigerator in the room. After we checked into the room I went back down to the office because I needed an additional parking pass. I mentioned to the hotel staff that there was indeed a refrigerator in the room and that we were pleased because we had beverages and would like to keep left overs from dinners during our stay, etc.

On the morning September 1st we collected our belongings and thoroughly inspected the room to ensure that we did not leave anything behind. I distinctly remember inspecting the room thoroughly because I placed the hangers, that we requested, on the bed for house keeping. There were no marks of any kind on the carpeting or anywhere else.

On Wednesday, September 4th we received a call from the hotel manager. She informed us that the carpet had fiber burns of some sort and they would have to replace the entire carpet for the room. We mentioned to her that we don’t smoke, and never used and iron and could not understand how the carpet could have got burned. She forwarded me two pictures of the area. Once I opened and enlarged one of the photos I noticed that the refrigerator had been moved because the indentation marks and the fact that the carpeting had loops or tears that were not there when we checked out.

I left messages to call me because I believe what happened is that when the maintenance or housekeeping department removed the refrigerator from the room the carpet fibers were damaged. I suspect that management was not even sure if we damaged the carpet but would make us pay for it. Needless to say, after she forwarded me the pictures she did not return my calls and charged my credit card $1,472.75.
I am still disputing this charge with my credit card company!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
34 Thank LizZ1111
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
On behalf of the Bay Harbor Village Hotel, we always appreciate feedback from our guests and we learn from each and every review that is posted. It is disappointing that your time with us didn't live up to your expectations and that you had an atypical visit during your stay.
We are very committed to perfecting our room details and room assessments on a daily basis. Due to the hotel damages that were caused during your stay, it was necessary to charge your credit card. The Bay Harbor Village Hotel damage disclaimer is highlighted on your registration card. Under the validity of your signature, you were aware of the monetary obligations if damage was done to your room.
Although the credit card dispute has been resolved in our favor, we do hope you give us the opportunity to show you that your stay was not a typical experience.

Travelers are raving about these Petoskey hotels

Linden, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently attended a friend's wedding in Petoskey, Michigan. I stayed 2 nights. The room had 2 queen size beds which were quite comfortable. The room was quite large and clean. The bathroom was nice with plenty of towels and most amenities. The area was quiet and peaceful.

The hotel is situated next to a nice harbor with a fantastic view of the Fall leaves in reds, oranges, and yellows. There was several shops situated within and around the hotel. There were restaurants and a gelato parlor.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Milton H
Sault Ste Marie ,Ontario
Reviewed October 9, 2013

such a beautiful property. We were upgraded to a suite because it was our anniversary. Wonderful place to share a fall holiday-suite was very clean and staff was very courteous, highly recommend for a romantic couples getaway, also used the pool which was heated and extremely clean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The setting at Bay Harbor was so beautiful it is hard to put into words. The rooms were gorgeous with breath taking views of Little Traverse Bay. The event planners went above and beyond to make our wedding an event of a lifetime and simplified the planning process. The Village at Bay Harbor is a "must stay".

• Stayed August 2013
Richland
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The registration and check out office was good. Upon entering Room 408 we immediately saw soiled and stain carpet. Then looking at the walls they also were in very poor condition. We landed the last room at the resort so getting another room was not an option. Then as evening came upon us, we found the walls to be paper thin. This was not a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Do not stay in 408
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 1BigMoo
Montague
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked because I had a conference at the conference center. I was shocked to find a room with no window and no chair or work surface. Traveling for business, and often, I always have work to do. Having no place to sit was a serious problem for me. Having no window seemed odd given the lovely surroundings and oppressive.I don't understand how they can be part of a conference center and have no work surface! I asked for a room with a chair and a window. I was told that I could upgrade for an additional $125. I arranged to have a cab take me to a property nearby that was not a "resort" but was an exceptionally good value. (See my review of the Holiday Inn Express, Petosky, MI) I give this property a three rating because they did not charge me for cancellation. I consider this very fair and I appreciate it.

Room Tip: Make certain that you understand the size, furnishings and whether or not you will have a window at...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business