“Some of greatest views anywhere, awesome vacation spot.”

Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

A group of 6 of us decided to stay here during the ice n spice festival, we stayed in a perfect room overlooking bay Harbor lake and lake Michigan. The village area is like a city in itself, everything steps away, a perfect setting. The master br was fantastic, as were the two other rooms. All our rooms had great views of water and the beautiful homes in the area. The entertainment area was huge and very nicely appointed. We will be back again for sure. Everybody we met was extremely friendly and service oriented.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank scott m
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

So glad to hear about your wonderful trip! The Ice-n-Spice Festival is coming again to Bay Harbor, January 18th and 19th, 2013. Book with us now and bring some friends to share in the fun!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had family members from all over the US for a long wedding weekend staying at this hotel! Everyone commented on the clean rooms, beautiful views, excellent service of all hotel staff, and access to delicious meals to make this a comfortable and memorable family reunion! We would highly recommend this hotel to all looking for a high quality experience at a resort hotel! We are planning to come back! Thank you to Bay Harbor Village Hotel staff for excellent and caring service. Dr Jean Kanitz and Family

• Stayed: September 2012
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Great! So glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the entire village of Bay Harbor along with our hotel. We will be glad to host you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

A BIG Thank You to the Bay Harbor Village Hotel and Conference Center--to Rosemary and Megan for making our long weekend in Northern Michigan for a family wedding so homelike, so comfortable and we had sooo much fun!!!
From earlier this spring when we went looking for place to stay in the area for the wedding, Rosemary toured us and showed us the many combinations of room accomodations available to even a washer and dryer if our guests needed it-- right on to our actual arrival the communication was easy. Rosemary assisted us with some early check-ins to get in before we had to go to rehearsal time and only she knows the challenge of her flexibility of getting the bride and groom checked out!!!
We had some 50 relatives from all over--Hawaii, Calif , Florida and all over Michigan who were thus able to be in one location. we also chose one larger suite which gave us an area to gather. The rooms were so clean and the decor was unique in each one--the views from the windows were breathtaking, we had rainbows and sunsets to see--
Thanks to Megan for the set-up in the Conference center for a morning after brunch which was great.
Thanks to all for the wonderful memories----

Room Tip: because of the uniqueness of the physical aspects of the actual hotel set-up travelers need to resea...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Outstanding! Thank you for staying with us. Your family was a joy to have as our guests. We look forward to the next time you are in Northern Michigan.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The accommodations were excellent and the rooms met the needs for all seven of us. It was nice to have the ability to cook our own meals or to go to the nearby restaurants. The rooms were located close to all amenities. The views of Lake Michigan, the downtown Village area, and the Yacht Club were spectacular; and the shopping and restaurants were so convenient. Overall It was a very pleasant place to stay and would return again.

Room Tip: If one wants the views of Lake Michigan, then go to the upper floors on the Maritime Side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Wonderful! We and happy you came and look forward to the next time.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Was there for a wedding,front desk was less than friendly. It was raining steadily, and was told to go around back, my ride dropped me off and i entered through glass doors to elevator, my room was on the 3rd floor, knew I was in the wrong place since there was no 3rd floor button in the elevator. Had to walk through the rain back to the front desk, was then told that the hotel was just down the street, I inquired about help getting there, since it was raining harder and I had two pieces of luggage. He told me that overhead awnings would protect me from the rain, had difficulty navigating the sidewalks between my luggage and the rain and also the steps every few feet. Had to ask store owners where the hotel was, a very nice real estate lady was kind enough to show me exactly where this hotel was. When I got to my room, the key given to me did not work, I called the front desk and asked that someone please bring me a new key, took several minutes, but someone finally showed up.
The room was much less than I expected, very dated, and the bed looked like it was made by a 4 year old, shower moldy, and spider webs also in the shower, there were also fruit flies. The room was extremely small, no room for your luggage, the small dresser had broken drawers, that either would not open, or if they were open would not close completely. What I thought was really weird was there was no window in the room and we had to go outside to see what color clothes we had ( if it was black or blue)
I thought it was odd that when I checked in I was not given any information regarding any amenities (pool, fitness center, places to eat).
Finally there were gift bags that were to be given to all out of town guests, I never received one, although I saw these bags on the hotel desk when I checked in.
This hotel needs help, I would not recommend this to anyone, it's a shame, because the location is great.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Peileen

We are sorry that you were frustrated with your accommodations and confused on how to navigate our resort and village. Due to our condominium style resort, our guest rooms are not connected to our office building, however, they do come in various styles and sizes. While we try our best to eliminate confusion and help all guests reach their destinations, unfortunately, we fell short during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback for it provides an opportunity of improvement and reflection on how to enact changes which will positively affect our guests. We continuously strive to improve our training efforts to provide excellent customer service as well as our amenities within our guest rooms. Our goal is to provide each guest a great stay and would appreciate a second chance to show you what Bay Harbor has to offer.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

There is a difference between hospitality and hostility and the woman at the front desk does not know the difference. She obviously has not been trained in customer service. I will be writing a lengthy letter to management about my stay and all the things that are wrong. I just want to warn people that the level of mold in my shower was not only dangerous to my health, but the health of the cleaning crews. I bought a bottle of Tylex, turned on the fan and shut the door for 24 hours before I would use it. If it was that bad in my shower, I can't imagine what the rest of the showers are like.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank carmac007
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. Unfortunately, we did not have the opportunity while you were here to correct these issues. However, since your stay we have made necessary staffing changes at our front desk to better anticipate our guests needs, provide a more welcoming atmosphere, and show our continued desire to enhance our guest’s stays. We feel that these changes are positive and will lend themselves to improving guest relations. We take the comfort and safety of both our internal and external guests very seriously and can assure you there is no health risk or any other form of harm that they may encounter. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at Bay Harbor Village Hotel or 231-439-2400.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

First and foremost I don't typically  write reviews nor do I usually complain.  And I am not writing this to try and convince you not to stay here, I am hoping that MAnagement will work on some of these issues.

We stayed at Bay Harbor Village Hotel for a wedding. We live in nearby Traverse City.  I love the property and the Main Street is great.  My husband came up earlier than my toddler son and I.   He was out doing wedding stuff so a key was left at the front desk for us.  The front desk/check inn is in a different building than the actual hotel.  The woman behind the desk wasn't necessarily rude but wasn't welcoming either.   I can get over that even though its basically her job to be friendly.   She handed me my key and that was it.  I said okay where do I go next and she said oh its down the road a little and I said well I have a lot of bags and stuff to carry (plus a toddler).  Her reply was well you could move your car closer.  (Not, let me get you someone to help with that).

I finally found the door with the elevator carrying bags and a toddler and then realizing I had to set everything down to use my key to just get into the elevator room.  Needless to say I had to make quite a few trips.  Even Holiday Inns have someone to help with bags and this is BAY HARBOR.   Get it together!

The room is nice but shower was not very clean, the door going out is covered in grimy handprints and dirt and our curtain has a huge brown stain on it.  Charging over $225 a night for a room that has a pull down bed so I would think they could afford a new curtain.

Lastly, the rehearsal dinner was held at the Bay Harbor Yacht Club down the road.  I called to ask if there was a shuttle.  The front desk said "well we have a shuttle but I don't think anything has been set up, let me check into it and call you back".   No call back.  Then I realized that my husband who is in the wedding left for rehearsal and took my car keys with him.  So I called and explained the situation to the Yacht Club and they said "no we cannot use our shuttle to come pick you up but we can try and find your husband and have him call you".  Hmmmm?  Really? I had no keys and he was in the middle of a wedding rehearsal and they couldn't help a guest out?

Sorry but this place is supposed to be a swanky, hoity toity place and the prices reflect that but their customer service sucks.

Customer service is way better at chain hotels than this place!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank srearick23
Rosemary J, Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay with us at Bay Harbor Village Hotel. We were pleased to be able to host you and your family. We pride ourselves on providing a unique resort stay so when we received your feedback, we were disheartened to hear your disappointment. Please accept our apologies for your stay not living up to expectations.

We appreciate all feedback and are able to use this feedback to enhance our proficiencies and improve our deficiencies. We are and will continue to work closely with our owners to update all units to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.

We have had some challenges this season; however, we are implementing new training procedures and situational training to enhance our guest relations. We will continue to emphasize with all team members excellent customer service. We are also working through the challenges with regards to transportation between venues.

We would welcome a second opportunity to host you and give you the experience which is Bay Harbor.