“Recently remodeled rooms”

Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Not sure if all rooms have been redone, but ours was really nice and comfortable with a great view of lake Michigan. About 1 hour from Traverse City and about 1 hour from Mackinaw City...and ferrys to Mackinac Island. Definitely worth the trip. Downtown Petoskey is charming and only about 2 minutes up the road...same with Charlevois. Travelled with 2 year old and didn't have any problems.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel with my girlfriend. It was the perfect ending to a busy work week. We rented out a condo - which was equipped with everything you could ask for. The room was beautiful - from the decorations to the layout. We enjoyed having the balcony to sit out and watch what was going on. We ordered food from Galley Gourmet and enjoyed eating it on the balcony. It was fun to watch all the activity going on Main Street. We enjoyed shopping at the boutiques - Cheekade Meekade and Macprofessionals, were new to Bay Harbor and we definitely enjoyed shopping at them! The service was wonderful. Jim and Justin accommodated us and treated us like royalty. We loved staying at the Village Hotel because it right downtown - close to the restaurants and all the action! We would definitely recommend it. If you are planning on visiting the Bay Harbor Area, stay at the Village Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank macguy05
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much.
We truly want people to come and enjoy our property in their own way.
Please let us know when you are around so we can have a cup of coffee together and enjoy our surroundings.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

This is my second time staying here at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel within the last month. The room was perfect. I had a Village Deluxe room. This over looked the village. Even though it was a little chilly outside I enjoyed sitting on the balcony. The staff was just as friendly as my prior stay. I'll be coming back again this summer if not sooner.

• Stayed: April 2011

It was so great to have the opportunity to serve you again so soon. We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My wife and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary on March 22nd, 2011. We decided to take a trip up to Petoskey/Bay Harbor Michigan and stay at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel. The room we booked was a Lake Deluxe Room, but when we checked in to our surprise they upgraded us to a Master Suite that over looks the village as well as Lake Michigan. My wife was ecstatic she loved the room. They also made doves out of hand towels and put chocolates all over the bed. The Suite was nice and clean. The staff at Bay Harbor is very friendly. The restaurants on the resort are very good as well. We ate dinner at Cava. In the morning before we checked out of the room, we went to the Pancake House. The staff at both restaurants were very helpful and friendly. This was an experience that we will never forget. We will be coming back not only this summer, but we plan to return again next year when our anniversary rolls around.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2011

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy that you and your wife enjoyed your special day with us. We deeply appreciate our guests and hope you decide to join us again and tell your friends and family about your great experience.

Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Recently we booked an affordable trip to get away with the children skiing. We saw this hotel offering $99 rooms on Hotels.com. The description said No View. We took our chances and it paid off. The resort is beautiful with all of these shops and restaurants under it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was an interior room with no windows. It was very nice and plenty of room for a weekend getaway. Everything was very centrally located which made it great for the kids. We will be back this summer to book one of their suites for a week.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you so much for your review.

We try to provide the best accommodations at the best value for all of our guest. I will take you comments and pass them along to our staff.

I hope we have the opportunity to service you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Just stayed at the Bay Harbor Hotel with my family of 3 while skiing at Boyne Highlands. This hotel has a great location and quaint shops and restaurants in the immediate area. The pool is seasonal so it can only be used during the warm months. We booked a non-view room, which essentially means "no window". The rooms are small but well decorated with nice finishes. The beds are very comfortable with down duvets and pillows. I have one serious complaint, the walls are paper thin. We did have a room issue where the water pipes were making annoying noises so we had to packed up and move to another room. In the second room, we could hear our neighbors in the adjoining room; the neighbors weren't being loud but we could easily hear all of their conversations. There were also other minor housekeeping issues such as the room having a few burned out light bulbs. Overall, the stay and customer service was OK. I didn't hate it but I can't positively say that I'd stay here again so I will not recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
BHVHGM, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2011

Thank you writing this review. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while staying at our property. I feel very passionate about our service and your experience. These issues have been addressed and I promise to keep a watchful eye on these issues in the future. It was great meeting you at the Bridal Show and we are very excited to serve you and your family for your upcoming wedding.
Thank you and please call with any questions and or concerns.
In the spirit of hospitality,

Reviewed August 24, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel over the weekend for a friend's wedding. Being a groomsman in the wedding, my fiance booked our room back in January. It was supposed to be a room with a king size bed and balcony. The room we were given (room 202) was tiny, no balcony, and with a queen size bed. Then immediately to the right of the bed was a door that I assumed to be a closet. When i went to open it, someone on the other side said "hello?". It was a door to the neighbors room (luckily locked), and you could hear EVERYTHING through that door!! I initially thought maybe it was one of our friends also in the wedding party, given an adjoining room, so I asked the guy who he was. We didn't know him, but we found out his room was a bridal suite (he and his fiance were also getting married that weekend) and the door opened into their bathroom, which only amplified sounds even more. We literally could hear every word they were saying to each other at normal speaking volume. Right away I called down to the desk and told them there was a mistake with our room, that this is not the room we paid for. The guy that answered the phone was very impatient and down right rude to me. He said the hotel was completely booked, no other rooms were available. I asked if we could be switched if something opened up and his reply was "yeah, IF something opens up", in a really snotty tone. So I asked to speak to the manager. He put me on hold and then just hung up on me. I called back down and this time a girl answered. I explained to her the situation and she said that the manager was very busy and blah blah blah. Finally she transferred me and I got his voicemail. I should have left a message, but being that we had to start getting ready for the rehearsal, I decided to deal with it later. Bad idea. That night after we got back we were exhausted and went right to bed. I woke up shortly after 2am to what sounded like a dance party going on in the hallway (the bar crawlers returning to their rooms). This room absolutely had no sound proofing to it. It was absolutely ridiculous! Then our suite neighbors were up at 7am (I could actually hear their alarm). The bride was blow drying her hair and she could have been standing over our bed thats how loud it was. Then she had guests over to their room and was talking to them over the hair dryer. She even had someone on speaker phone at one point and we could everything the person on the OTHER line was saying. So I got up, called down to the desk, and asked to speak to the manager once again. This time I was told the manager wasn't in yet, and the girl Kayla asked if she could assist me. I told her the problem with the noise and she said she would call our neighbors room and ask them to keep it down. She never called, and we know this because we could hear whenever the neighbor's phone rang.
Besides the problem with the noise, later that evening I returned to the room to find our door open. Housekeeping had come to turn down our sheets and never bothered to close the door behind them! For the fourth time I called down to the desk (I swear I have never called a front desk as often as I did with this hotel) and got Sonya. She was nice and said that she would contact housekeeping and warn them that they had left our door open.
So in summary, my fiance and I were EXTREMELY disappointed. We plan to follow up on this with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leannibabes

I am very sorry for the negative experience you had.
I'm glad we were able to discuss this with you over the phone.
Thank you again and please know that we care greatly for you and your business.
I hope we can earn your business again.

In the spirit of hospitality,