“Mexican in N. Michigan”

Jose's Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When in Petoskey I go to Jose's. The food is fresh, especially the pico de gallo and guacamole. They have the best chile rellenos in the state as far as I'm concerned (unless you make them homemade). The place is casual and the staff friendly. I don't give it an "excellent" because while the food is worth the price you have to pay extra for chips. I think free salsa & chips isn't too much to ask for. But...I'll keep going back!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you're looking for a 5 gallon Margarita in a sombrero, this is not the place. But if you looking for genuine tex-mex, prepared fresh daily, this is your place. It's super casual (think diner) and right in the middle of town.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

It is cooked right in front of you. better than say Taco Bell. make sure you order the Guacamole which is made to order. The prices are very reasonable and everything is served with a smile.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Small restaurant located in the heart of Petoskey. Nice family atmosphere with the staff very nice. The have daily specials and prices are good. Good mexican food. Would return.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

You walk in and a friendly waiter greets you and takes your order. He gave me a number to take to my seat, and said they would bring my enchiladas out to me as soon as they were ready. The food was good, but I was disappointed that I didn't get chips and salsa like you typically do at Mexican restaurants.