“Comfortable spot near downtown”

Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is totally acceptable in every way and is just a few blocks from the downtown area of Petoskey. It's also near to the other cities in the area and so is a good base to visit the entire area.

1  Thank sue48193
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had stayed here a few years ago with my husband, and we had a terrific experience, so when my mom and I needed a place to stay while making a stop in Petoskey the first week in August, this was the first place I thought of. Unfortunately, it was not a good experience the second time around. I called to see if they had rooms available for the weekend we were going, and they did. We then decided to just stay for one night. When I went to book a room online, there was nothing available. I called again and was told they have a two night minimum, but they would book two nights for me and then immediately cancel one. If they can do that, why don't they just let you book one night?? Anyway, after seeing the room they gave us, I can only guess that that room must be their "This is what you get for only booking one night" room. We were given a room on the basement level. It had a nice view of a roof and a little water. I don't care so much about the view, but it was just another fly in the ointment. The room was ok- just looked a little worn out and tired in comparison to when my husband and I stayed there a few years ago. As I was sitting on the bed, I noticed a big brown stain and crack in the ceiling. I wasn't sure if it was fresh, or if the staff was even aware of it, since they hadn't mentioned it upon check in. I went up to the front desk to ask about it. The person at the desk basically said they were aware of it, and no, they didn't have any other rooms available, even though I didn't ask. She said it needed to be fixed, but because they have been so booked all summer, they hadn't been able to have it done yet. Later that night, I started hearing creaking and other noises coming from above us. In short, intermittent creaking and noise went on from about 3 am on. Unfortunately, I am a very light sleeper and this kept me up for hours on end. I got little to no sleep the entire night. (The toilet also ran all night, and the shower filled with water as I was standing in it, but that's another story.) When we went upstairs in the morning for breakfast, we counted doors to see what was in the room above us. It was the staff pantry for the breakfast area. So basically, they had had a leak of some food substance on the floor that leaked into the ceiling below, and hadn't bothered to fix it yet; but even worse, they had staff going in and out of that room constantly from about 3 am on to prepare breakfast for the guests, with the floor creaking the whole time. It might not bother everyone, but for a light sleeper like myself, it was very disturbing. And we were paying the same amount as probably every other guest- $200 a night. That's no small amount for a room like we had. On the positive side, the breakfast was nice and in a really pretty room with great views, and there were some very nice staff. Sadly, it wasn't enough to make up for the sleepless night.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wow! What an experience. Prior to our arrival, my family did not know what to expect. What a surprise. The breakfast was outstanding. We saved $40 to $50 per day just on breakfast. The entire hotel was very clean and all the employees were very helpful.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member and the Petoskey Hampton was the best Hampton I have ever stayed at. Staff and the hotel were great!!!!. I highly recommend this hotel to anyome that is looking for a first class Up North family vacation

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel in nice area of upper Michigan. Breakfast was excellent. Staff were great. Clean. Good location close to town and sights. Petosky is good location to drive to Mackinaw and UP for day trips.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We traveled with our teenage daughter and her two friends. We had a family suite, second floor bayside. It was wonderful! We had two queen beds, a full pullout sofa. The adjoining room had a twin bed with a trundle. It had a wet bar sink, refrigerator, microwave, plus a desk. We had so much room. Plus, a balcony facing the lake. Breakfast was great, Hampton style. We loved the 24 hour beverage table. We sat in the lobby and looked over the lake, too. It was a great room and at a reasonable price. It is a high summer tourist area, but we never felt crowded. We wouldn't hesitate to return. Pool looked nice, but we were at the beach all day so didn't get the opportunity to use it. It did have lifts for those in need of handicapped accessibility to enter the pool. We were pleased to see that!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake. The second floor view was good. The third floor view would even be b...
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times since it was first built in Petoskey. I had to stay there by myself this time and felt very safe. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. It is still very clean and quite. The views aren't too bad either. I would recommend this hotel for any season. I find that it is much nicer Hampton than others. We will definitely stay there again. Thanks for maintaining this property.