“Nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Greenville, South Carolina
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was nice but nothing great. The complimentary hot breakfast is always nice. The location is great and the bay views are nice. The beds are comfortable but the rooms are outdated. However, they were in the process of starting renovations so this hotel will propably have a really nice face lift in the coming months.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIchael C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I thought this hotel was ok. The hotel under renovation in dining room. Hotel very clean but furnishings in room outdated. I think this Hampton would be able to charge a lot more money per night if updated because it's in a good location. It has great harbor views. Breakfast could be better. Breads stale, no one seemed to be round making sure items replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view on high floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I appreciate you took the time to leave feedback on the hotel. I apologize if the lobby renovation caused any disturbance during your stay and that you found the breakfast items to be below standards. We I hope we have the opportunity to make this up to you if you would give in the future. Please feel free to contact me at the property (231)348-9555.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has nice rooms and is clean. I travel for business and the one thing that matters about a hotel is the bed. If you like rock hard beds, this place is for you. I don't happen to be in that category, so I didn't sleep well at all. The breakfast needed a little work. Milk and juices were sitting out not very chilled any longer. I've had better.

• Stayed May 2012
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear guest,

I thank you for leaving feedback. It’s a value to hear feedback so that we may become well rounded for all our guests needs. We were excited to receive our new mattresses but we understand not all beds may be to everyone’s liking and we are sorry that you found deficiencies with our breakfast items. I will be sure to discuss with our staff, as breakfast is an integral part of your stay with any Hampton. We hope you may consider us again when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Angela, McClanahan
Windsor
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I arrived without a reservation and since it was off season, there were plenty of rooms available. The price of $114 was very reasonable considering the room and amenities. Our room had a king bed, a kitchenette and bar fridge. The room was spacious and the surrounding area was very scenic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2012

really liked this hotel, nicely done dining/common area and great service. The pool/hot tub are in an odd location in my opinion, however still enjoyable. The beds, as with all Hampton hotels were wonderful. Had no issues with giving us a later checkout, and all questions/recommendations were fantastic. Complimentary hot breakfast as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank simply07sarah
Jersey Shore
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I travel for work and stay at many Hampton Inn's. Upon my arrival, I received a call to make sure everything was OK. The rooms are as expected. Comfy beds, clean rooms, WiFi, flat screen TV, and that's really all I need. The blow dryer in my room didn't work so I went downstairs and the front desk agent gave me a key to another room. I know that these aren't checked each time a guest leaves but I hope the agent reported it so the next guest doesn't have the same issue. The area around this Hampton is very beautiful. Make sure you ask for a room with a view of the lake. Unfortunately, I was on the side without the view.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased that we met all the expectations of an avid Hampton traveler. We appreciate you alerting us that the hairdryer in your room was not operating properly. We did make note of your findings and after checkout, your room’s device was fixed. We hope that using an alternate room’s device, was not too much of an inconvenience. Again, thank you for letting us know about your issue, so we may be able to provide an exceptional environment for all who stay with us. We hope that you consider us on your next trip.

Great White North
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Another visit, another good night's sleep in a great bed package. We never mind staying in the Petoskey Hampton Inn and can recommend it in good conscience to other travelers. Jonathan on the front desk recommended we eat at Southwoods across the street; he steered us well.

Room Tip: All rooms here are good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Roerk,

I’m Angela, GM at hotel. Thank you for constant feedback! We value your loyalty and continuing patronage. I’m delighted to find out that you consider our hotel to be very dependable when you are traveling, and that we are meeting all of your expectations during your stay. It is a goal of any Hampton. I will let Jonathan know was that you were pleased with his recommendation. See you next time.

All the best,