“awesome”

J.W. FIlmore's
Ranked #40 of 107 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 20, 2011

we really enjoyed this regular home style resturaunt...great food awesome waitstaff

Reviewed November 8, 2011

A trip to Petoskey always includes a visit to J. W. Filmore's to enjoy their freshly prepared food. Along with their extensive menu, the restaurant also offers daily specials, and please note their great Senior menu section which offers several items with smaller portions. I usually get their baked cod, but last time had their all you can eat bar-be-Que ribs--meaty, lean, and tasty. Another item that I like to get there because it is so well is prepared is liver and onions. And one must save room for one their many desserts which are also reasonably priced and generously served. The food experience is consistently good, the prices very reasonable, and the service is exceptional.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

This place always seems to have a crowd lining up out the door on Sundays for dinner. We eat there almost weekly in the summer. Three of us eat for under $30. The food is good. Decor is dated, but who cares as long as the food is good. We like the pumpkin pancakes in the fall.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We went to this family restaurant for brunch on Labor Day weekend. The staff were friendly and joked with my 7-year-old daughter. She enjoyed her pancakes and sausage from the children's menu. My husband's Filmore Omlette (swiss cheese, ham and mushrooms was delicious. I wasn't feeling like breakfast, so I had a side salad - which was huge, crisp and really hit the spot! - and potato skins for my brunch. Everything was good! The restrooms were clean. The place was busy (Labor Day Saturday morning) but we didn't have to wait long for a table. It was a nice, friendly place.