“A curious mix of very good and needs-work”
Review of Twisted Olive

Twisted Olive
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coastal Mediterranean with a Northern Michigan twist. Sunday we open at 8AM
Shreveport
“A curious mix of very good and needs-work”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Walleye is the food of the gods in these parts. Mine was excellen,t but only after sending back my first serving because it was tepid. Curiously, my wife’s identical item was piping hot on the first try? Even more curious was the fact that mine was heated in toto (my first bite was missing) so that the walleye was now hot and delicious, but the paprika fried potatoes were way past edible and the broccolini now resembled leather.

The wine selection was very good and prices reasonable. The lemon tart was excellent. The view of Little Traverse Bay at sunset was beautiful through a large window in need of large cleaning. The three flies buzzing against it bothered me.

Trying hard, I hope the Twisted Olive irons out these kinks because, as reheating showed, they can serve good food.

Dr. Scott says: Worth exploring.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FSK-2

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Beautiful view, intimate and very good food and service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and daughter in law had the walleye, my son duck and I had the ribeye. All were excellent. The cocktail list has a number of unique concoctions and the wine list has a good election from the Mediterranean such as Assyrtikos from Santorini. One server managed all 8 tables and she was excellent. Make sure you have reservations or you will not get in.

• Visited July 2014
Tawas City, Michigan
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Delicious food - beautiful presentation - different foods - quality! Clean, nice bathroom. Extremely pleasant wait staff and owner. Short wait even though busy.

Visited July 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
“Very poor experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have dined at this restaurant in the past and recently returned. We have never been treated so rudely by the owner, Kirsten O'Keefe. Although the food is above average and the general wait staff was pleasant, it did not outweigh her surly attitude.

Visited July 2014
Ohio
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

It's rated #2 on Trip Advisor, so we figured we would try it out. We were seated immediately even though we had no reservation. We practically had the best seats on the house (bay view). We ordered the flat bread appetizer, the walleye, and chicken (dinner menu). It was all amazing. Unless you absolutely want to see the bay from the dining room, I would probably recommend the outdoor seating. My wife was comfortable (she was sitting beside the ac vent) but I was sweating the entire time. It must have been 90 degrees or better where I was sitting. The price was a little high, but I guess that's the thing with these kind of places. We were in town for a week and visited once. We would have gone back to try the lunch menu if it was a little more affordable. We will definently return to try the lunch menu when we are in Petosky again.