“Two excellent restaurants next door to each other”
Review of Twisted Olive

Twisted Olive
Ranked #9 of 107 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coastal Mediterranean with a Northern Michigan twist. Sunday we open at 8AM
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had two excellent meals in Petoskey: at Twisted Olive and the one next door, Palette Bistro. We couldn't choose between them. Both meals were excellent. My wife and I both had a Walleye dish. The fish was covered with a delicious sauce, and the fish covered a risotto with leeks. We finished with a creme brûlée; my wife thought it was excellent, I thought it was only good. Not worth arguing over. We recommend the Twisted Olive.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

In a busy holiday resort this restaurant offers elegant food & service at unbelievable prices.
Location & scenery are an added advantage.

1  Thank travelerwithtaste_41
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a cute little place with a nice view. I have never been for a full dinner but have had multiple appetizers and some coctails, which wete definetly yummy. The food is a bit pricey but it is good. The only thing I was s bit turned off by ,while sitting at the bar, I notced they were setting dirty glasses next to clean ones. They were really busy and i honestly don't even thing they realized it. Ever since seeing that I haven't been back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Menu was very unique and both the wine and food were good. The location is nice, with a good view of the water and sunset. Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. Great meal!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent place with a wonderful bay view from all tables in the 8-table main dining room. The outside-street side patio area and bar area tables probably triple dining capacity. All the food was great. Charcuterie platter was delicious as was the main Greens salad and the vegetable bisque soup. A chicken breast was excellent, although a promised side with spinach was absent and the smoked mozzarella polenta needed moisture--closer to cornbread than polenta. Lamb chops with gnocchi were all great. Only negative: slow down the pace. The appetizer showed up within minutes of ordering. A second cocktail was just barely sipped when soup and salad arrived. We ordered a glass of wine a couple minutes after putting in our entree order but I could see our dinners under the heat lamps even before the waitress had a chance to finish bringing wine to another table much less fetch our wine. No hurry, kitchen! Pace is important. Otherwise, a top-notch Petoskey destination.