“Good location for a great price and clean”
Review of Bay Inn Petoskey

Bay Inn Petoskey
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed June 30, 2014

for the price, this hotel has a nice location with a short drive into downtown Petoskey and an easy drive to Charlevoix. Great nearby beaches. Hotel was very clean and has a nice staff. Dollar for dollar it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shirley O, Owner at Bay Inn Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Verne amd I really appreciate your positive review.

It makes us very happy when guests recognize the efforts put into a small independent.Inn.

We hope you will return soon...we are open all year...bring your bikes as we have easy

access to the non-motorized bike trail.....Petoskey Stones are on our side of

Lake Michigan.

Sincerely, Shirley and Verne, owners

There are newer reviews for Bay Inn Petoskey

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was really excited when I found this place - local business, great location, good view of the water - but the owner's rudeness raised a red flag to begin with. I went ahead and booked anyway, but then our plans changed a bit. I called to modify our reservation from 2 nights to 1 and was told they have a 2 night minimum stay. When I mentioned that it didn't say that on the website I was told, "Well, I'm telling you like a mother and an owner - we have a two night minimum stay." On top of that, I was told that I had better honor what I said and plan to be there for both nights, and that she was making a note about this on our reservation. Needless to say, I was feeling much less excited about our weekend getaway. That's not really the type of establishment I'd like to patronize. I sure hope their accommodations are better than their customer service, but I won't be visiting to find out.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly J

We are sorry we could not accommodate your insistence for a one night stay over the July 4th

holiday week=end. We are a small independent with 15 guest rooms all over-looking Lake Michigan.

Verne and I are proud of our history at Bay Inn of Petoskey.

Shirley and Verne, owners

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Found this wonderful Mom & Pop motel to be truly charming. Very nicely decorated, the rooms are clean, spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The owners are wonderful, very helpful and its nice to see their snack area was based on an honor system. The view is spectacular and very relaxing. We enjoyed our coffee on the balcony watching the fishing boats and birds. I highly recommend this place and in the future we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently stayed there for the third time. All visits were excellent. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. This motel is easy to locate and has plenty of parking. The view is fantastic. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Best view is from second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. The view of the bay, especially from the second floor, is amazing. Rooms are clean and well cared for. Location is easy to find and very convenient for all local areas. Will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joe S
Reviewed February 11, 2014

In October 2012 I had the pleasure to attend a wedding and stayed for two enjoyable nights at the inn. The room was spacious and the staff very helpful and responsive. The immediate area interesting and enjoyable with shops and beautiful views. I had never visited the area but would clearly love to go again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a water view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank David L
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice small motel and stayed there twice for husband's surgery at suggestion of hospital. Really. Reasonable rates first time but on return visit-charged 3O.00 more per nite on same nights of week. Strange. But even worse, the night before surgery arrived to find hotel had NO WATER after checking in room and still had To Pay Full Price. Imagine being handed a jar if water to wash your face and brush your teeth and then getting up at 6 am with still no water. Stayed at Holiday inn express next two times.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Marydruppie
Shirley O, Owner at Bay Inn Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Verne and I work hard to provide a clean and comfortable stay at reasonable rates for

all our guests.

When notified late in the evening of a problem with the water a emergency contractor came over

and by midnight all guests rooms had water.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Shirley and Verne Osterlund, owners Bay Inn of Petoskey